Old 03-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #51
Canadian Member

To be fair, anything that FR puts in their units has their name on it in the eyes of the consumer. They can take the credit for quality parts made by others and they have to take the blame when a supplier's part is not up to snuff.

There seems to be evidence here on FRF that FR will stand behind their products. That's my experience, too. The problem is they rely so heavily on dealers that often don't share FR's commitment to customer service.

Clearly, some FR products are leaving the factory not meeting the standard they want, but I'm convinced that poor dealers and careless delivery drivers are a significant part of the equation resulting in the delivered product being less than perfect.

Maybe FR will get so big that they'll be able bring some part supplies in-house. I wonder if it would help if RV dealers were franchised by the manufacturers?

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 PM   #52

I have not had my TT long enough to commit on the performance of the trailer. I was disappointed with the amount of debris behind by the MFG. My overall impression is that my Flagstaff is a good one.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #53

How did you do THAT???

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Bob, my Wildcat went back to the factory for repairs and returned with total satisfaction above & beyond my expectations. They do stand behind their products.
We bought our Wildwood Heritage Glenn last April. It has been at the dealers lot longer than in my driveway. How did you get the factory to repair your unit? We were told they did not repair issues just walls and roofs
Old 03-10-2016, 10:19 PM   #54

We were new to RV purchasing. We did not even know what "PDI" meant. We were taken to the trailer after signing enough papers to start a forest. Then they showed us all of the features of the trailer, and then helped us attach it to our truck, and wished us luck.. I did not know that the slide noise was a defect. I did not know that with the first dish of Mack and cheese would cause the microwave to catch fire, I did not know that when you fill the fresh water tank it would empty 3/4 of its contents while traveling down the road, I did not know that the refrigerator would not get any warmer than 28 degrees, I did not know that the super slide would leak gallons of water into the trailer with every rain shower, I did not know that the windows were incorrectly installed with screws that were to long or put at an incorrect angle. Our unit has lived on the Camping World lot 3/4 of the year we have owned it. Issues are being taken care of, but the one year warranty will be up before we can actually claim true ownership. Who does all of the nitpicking on these pre delivery inspections? is there a service that will inspect these units for new customers? Boy I wish I had a knowledgeable person behind me when we took our camper home.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
We were new to RV purchasing. We did not even know what "PDI" meant. We were taken to the trailer after signing enough papers to start a forest. Then they showed us all of the features of the trailer, and then helped us attach it to our truck, and wished us luck.. I did not know that the slide noise was a defect. I did not know that with the first dish of Mack and cheese would cause the microwave to catch fire, I did not know that when you fill the fresh water tank it would empty 3/4 of its contents while traveling down the road, I did not know that the refrigerator would not get any warmer than 28 degrees, I did not know that the super slide would leak gallons of water into the trailer with every rain shower, I did not know that the windows were incorrectly installed with screws that were to long or put at an incorrect angle. Our unit has lived on the Camping World lot 3/4 of the year we have owned it. Issues are being taken care of, but the one year warranty will be up before we can actually claim true ownership. Who does all of the nitpicking on these pre delivery inspections? is there a service that will inspect these units for new customers? Boy I wish I had a knowledgeable person behind me when we took our camper home.
And I did not know any of the problems you mention existed either - so, yeah, they are defects.

Pro Tip: You can get a 2nd year of FR Warranty for a nominal fee - the sign up sheet is in your "Forest"

Sorry you had such a poor new user experience the good news is you are now among a whole bunch of knowledgeable friends who are more than happy to help you.

Oh...and you saying that you bought your unit at Camping World speaks VOLUMES!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #56
Director, FROG

Wire Wrat, I just sent you a PM.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #57

Bama Bob, I cannot give enough accolades to those folks trying their best to get our trailer out of their repair lot. The vendors sending wrong parts, Forrest River having to approve everything for warranty work has kept our unit behind their fence longer than it has been in my driveway. I just got it back today they had it for over a week trying to get the Dometic refrigerator maintain a temperature above 30 degrees. They have replaced two parts so far and have not come up with a fix yet. The latest fix has been a different ibrow board. Hopefully that issue has been put to rest. we will see tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
Bama Bob, I cannot give enough accolades to those folks trying their best to get our trailer out of their repair lot. The vendors sending wrong parts, Forrest River having to approve everything for warranty work has kept our unit behind their fence longer than it has been in my driveway. I just got it back today they had it for over a week trying to get the Dometic refrigerator maintain a temperature above 30 degrees. They have replaced two parts so far and have not come up with a fix yet. The latest fix has been a different ibrow board. Hopefully that issue has been put to rest. we will see tomorrow.
Hoping the best for you my friend!

Did you see FROG Bob's PM (Private Message) to you?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #59

We have had our 2650S-CDW for 18 months and we really like it. Only minor problems I could fix myself.(some with the assistance of the fine people who frequent this forum).
I'd like to Congratulate FR on their 20th anniversary.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #60

We bought our 2015Windjammer 3025W new last Fall, and was not told about any free extended warranty! We were, however, told of the one to purchase, which we did.

How do we find out about the FR free extended warranty?

Thank you.

Deb

Tags
forest river