Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
Director, FROG

From Pete Liegl on Forest River's 20th Anniversary

Feb. 8, 2016
TO: Forest River Dealers, Owners, Suppliers and Employees
SUBJECT: Letter of Appreciation

On Jan. 29, Forest River Inc. celebrated its 20th anniversary. As I have reflected on this milestone anniversary, I am humbled by what we have collectively accomplished. When I founded Forest River, I had a vision of a company dedicated to helping people experience the joy of the outdoors by building better recreational vehicles and assuring that every family that desires quality recreation would find a product that serves their needs, interests, budget and lifestyle.

We started Forest River with about 200,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing facilities and fewer than 600 employees. Today we have 8.1M sq. ft. of manufacturing space and employ over 11,000 people. Through the efforts of our employees, the assistance of our suppliers, the support and confidence of our dealers and the faith of many owners, Forest River has grown to nearly $5 billion in total revenues and has sold more than 1.9 million vehicles over the last 20 years.

Our marketplace standings are evidence of the many contributions that have been made in growing our company. Based on the most recent U.S. RV retail sales report from Statistical Surveys, Inc., and additional sources, Forest River through November ranks:

#1 in Motorhomes — Class A’s & Class C’s Combined

#1 in Towables — Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels & Camping Trailers Combined

#1 in Buses — Transit and Shuttle

#1 in Cargo Trailers

And we clearly have our sights set on the #1 position in our Pontoon business.

To our Dealers, thank you for your business, your loyalty and the confidence that you have placed in our company, our people and our products. We remain committed to working together and truly being your best business partner while providing you with reliable, high quality and value-leading products backed by industry-leading customer service and satisfaction.

To our Owners, thank you for purchasing our products with your hard earned money and allowing us to be part of your memories and dreams through the faith and confidence that you have placed in our company. Our commitment remains steadfast to build a quality product that you can trust, while your satisfaction continues to be our top priority.

To our Suppliers, thank you for the support you have provided us over the years in assisting us in developing and producing high quality products with innovative ideas that have helped us rapidly adapt to changing markets while meeting customer needs and demands.

To our Employees, thank you for your many contributions in building Forest River into the company that we have become. Your dedication, commitment, loyalty and hard work defines the very essence of Forest River. As we continue to expand and grow our business, our success will continue to lie with our greatest asset and most valuable resource — the dedicated employees of Forest River.

At Forest River, we are innovators, entrepreneurs, creators, designers and visionaries working together. Our commitment goes beyond the manufacturing process as we invest in creating those exceptional moments of laughter and joy. I have always believed that to be great at one’s chosen endeavor, a genuine passion for that endeavor is essential. While we continue to work toward being great, let there be no question as to our love and passion for our business.

Please accept a very heartfelt and genuine “Thank You” for 20 great years and helping make dreams come true.

Sincerely,

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #2

Bob it looks like the Only weak point is the Paragraph about the "Employees continue to Lie"! Fix that and away we go! Really Congratulations to Forrest River! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 AM   #3

My wife and I just bought our first Motor home, a Berkshire XL 40RB. We have been very happy with it. The dealer we bought it from, that's a much different story.
Great job on 20 years
D_V_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:43 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Bob, my Wildcat went back to the factory for repairs and returned with total satisfaction above & beyond my expectations. They do stand behind their products.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post

Feb. 8, 2016
TO: Forest River Dealers, Owners, Suppliers and Employees
SUBJECT: Letter of Appreciation

At Forest River, we are innovators, entrepreneurs, creators, designers and visionaries working together.
Sincerely,
Sounds like every aspect is covered except "product owner/user" and therein lies perhaps a major reason for issues on this forum. JMO
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:39 AM   #6
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Nice letter
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:14 AM   #7

Congrats to Pete Liegl on the meteoric growth of Forest River. A Company doesn’t grow from such a small beginning into a major corporation by building a crap product.

While I will be the first to admit that Forest River doesn’t build a perfect product, no one in the industry does. RVs are built by humans so mistakes are made but it’s been my experience that Forest River stands behind their product.

RV dealers are a different story and I’m not even going to go there.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #8
CCRVOC

Congrats to Pete Liegl and the Forest River team. We are proud and satisfied owners.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:26 AM   #9

Just threw-up in my mouth.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Congrats to Pete Liegl on the meteoric growth of Forest River. A Company doesn’t grow from such a small beginning into a major corporation by building a crap product.

While I will be the first to admit that Forest River doesn’t build a perfect product, no one in the industry does. RVs are built by humans so mistakes are made but it’s been my experience that Forest River stands behind their product.

Agree....well said

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #11

Forest River ROLLS !
Old 03-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #12
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:

X 3 good job FR Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #13
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:

Well Said!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #14

About a year ago ... after having to reject my newly ordered CC fiver due to massive quality and build issues then pulling my trade back home till the CC became an acceptable purchase ... that "beat the tambourine smoke and mirror" letter was just a bit hard to read thru clear to the end. Then came the brand new cracked fresh water tank, the burnt up LED ceiling lights, the failed grey tank dump valve, the failed fantastic vent fan ... but enough of contradicting the top dogs rhetoric.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
About a year ago ... after having to reject my newly ordered CC fiver due to massive quality and build issues then pulling my trade back home till the CC became an acceptable purchase ... that "beat the tambourine smoke and mirror" letter was just a bit hard to read thru clear to the end. Then came the brand new cracked fresh water tank, the burnt up LED ceiling lights, the failed grey tank dump valve, the failed fantastic vent fan ... but enough of contradicting the top dogs rhetoric.

It's funny the few things you mention are not made by forest river, just installed by them.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #16

What wasn't funny was the entire rear exterior wall all scratched up, the mid interior cabinets so poorly assembled they had to be removed and new ones built, the big puffy place on the panneling on the island kitchen, the J panel cut too large around the propane tank door so you could see wood behind the J panel, the staples in the roof almost poking thru the membrane, the A/C on the roof so loose it could be moved by hand at will, the decals with chunks out of them because the installer tried to move them a bit upon install, the water tank was actually determined to be cracked due to installer tightening the fitting way too tight, the RH rear brake not wired up ... so you may have spoken a bit out of turn here ....
Old 03-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
What wasn't funny was the entire rear exterior wall all scratched up, the mid interior cabinets so poorly assembled they had to be removed and new ones built, the big puffy place on the panneling on the island kitchen, the J panel cut too large around the propane tank door so you could see wood behind the J panel, the staples in the roof almost poking thru the membrane, the A/C on the roof so loose it could be moved by hand at will, the decals with chunks out of them because the installer tried to move them a bit upon install, the water tank was actually determined to be cracked due to installer tightening the fitting way too tight, the RH rear brake not wired up ... so you may have spoken a bit out of turn here ....

No not really, 3 units from forest river in 10 years only minor issues.
Completely satisfied with the product fr puts out.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #18

Keeping this sub topic rolling ... I think you did speak out of turn. Granted I got a lemon and I acknowlege there are satisfied owners out there but ... you and others speak complacently about "well the dump valve was made by Valterra ... the fan was made by Attwood, the LED's were made by Brightline" and FR only installed them. I look at it like ... in a fashion FR is responsible. FR makes a product and chooses their vendors to make that happen. FR should base vendor selection on more than low bidder. I bet if your Chebbie layed down on you becasue the ole Allison shelled out, you wouldn't be saying well the tranny wasn't made by GM, so no bother. If your power steering pump went out, would you say oh it's AC Delco's fault ... no bother again as for GM. I believe RV's should be held to the same standards as we do our vehicles that tow them. Most all my CC manufacturing issues have been resolved and I do give FR credit for this near year long journey to that point. However ... I will always have a bitter taste for the journey itself.
PS: I'm not new to the RV game ... this is my 4th new unit since 2000. I feel I should know what to expect and what is nit picky by now.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #19
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Keeping this sub topic rolling ... I think you did speak out of turn. Granted I got a lemon and I acknowlege there are satisfied owners out there but ... you and others speak complacently about "well the dump valve was made by Valterra ... the fan was made by Attwood, the LED's were made by Brightline" and FR only installed them. I look at it like ... in a fashion FR is responsible. FR makes a product and chooses their vendors to make that happen. FR should base vendor selection on more than low bidder. I bet if your Chebbie layed down on you becasue the ole Allison shelled out, you wouldn't be saying well the tranny wasn't made by GM, so no bother. If your power steering pump went out, would you say oh it's AC Delco's fault ... no bother again as for GM. I believe RV's should be held to the same standards as we do our vehicles that tow them. Most all my CC manufacturing issues have been resolved and I do give FR credit for this near year long journey to that point. However ... I will always have a bitter taste for the journey itself.
PS: I'm not new to the RV game ... this is my 4th new unit since 2000. I feel I should know what to expect and what is nit picky by now.
Is the CC your first Forest River product?
If the others were a SOB was the "build" better than FR?
Is this your last FR?

Getting a lemon sux, no doubt!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins

This will be my third FR product, popup, then two trailers.. We have loved all of them and have had NO problems. My parents have had three MOHOs as well. Other then them having one issue with a slide topper have loved their FRs as well.

I try to look for what I want in FR before I go anywhere else. DO I think they are perfect in their QC and maybe build quality.. No, but I also do not think I have seen ANY maker do a perfect job.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river