Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #21

Thanks for the feed back and I do understand FR priorities, just a little bit annoyed. Brand new, never got to use it
I do appreciate the service they have given me, sending a transporter to pick it up and when done deliver it.

As far as the dealer, I went for a deal and bought it from a high volume dealer 300 miles from my home. Live and learn. Just wanted to see if anybody had similar experiences.

Thanks for the good words.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
Has anybody on this thread had their TT taken back to the factory for repairs? Just trying to get a handle on how long they keep them. They told me 30 - 45 days, it has now been about 55 days and no word. FR is not all that responsive to emails.
You need to make some phone calls since you're not getting responses to emails.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #23
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
Has anybody on this thread had their TT taken back to the factory for repairs? Just trying to get a handle on how long they keep them. They told me 30 - 45 days, it has now been about 55 days and no word. FR is not all that responsive to emails.
Had my fifth wheel go back. I think they took it in October or early November and surprise returned it in January. It came back with my main concerns not fixed and more issues (i.e. it wasn't winterized).

I spent a weekend stewing and politely exploded in email the following Monday. Turns out, they transposed 2 lines on a spreadsheet and someone else's unit was fixed, mine wasn't. Mine was sent back and theirs wasn't.

They agreed on a day-by-day schedule, sent another transporter to pick it up, and arranged for me to go to the factory to review it before it was sent back a second time.

Each time it came back, I had very little notice. They use 3rd party contractors to transport them and have little control over when they're hooked on and delivered. They can put "rush" on some but that's about it. I had to move about 60 feet of 40 inches of snow to make a parking space for when it was delivered the second time.

But, Dan's right- if email isn't getting you the info you need, you need to harp on the dealer to get them involved, get their warranty contact for your particular unit, and start making phone calls. (Which says a lot for me- I hate making voice calls and prefer to text or email.)
Old 11-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #24
Commercial Member

My personal opinion is that most RV Warranties end as soon as you drive over the curb to exit the dealer lot.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by t26tbss View Post
Forrest River Wont Honor their Warranty!
Just upgraded to a fifth wheel and the nightmare has started...we
We purchased a brand-new RV on 3/16/19 from Best Rv in Turlock CA. New 2019 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29BH Fifth Wheel. We have only used a handful of times. We started to notice an imperfection starting on the outer RV surface by the outdoor kitchen exterior door. The imperfection has gotten worse and is now starting to crack. We took our RV to Camping World in Sacramento (the nearest Forrest River warranty service center) and they would not write an estimate and they said Forrest River would likely not cover this repair. Camping World will not touch my RV without authorization from Forrest River. Camping World stated the crack was likely from not cutting the door opening correctly. They also pointed out to me the window opening above the door was starting to crack the same way as the door and two screws are pushing out against the exterior surface.
I took the RV to another local repair shop for a second opinion and they confirmed the severity of the problem but wanted fee to prepare an estimate. They also suggested I contact Forrest River.
Best RV is over a 2 hour drive from my home and we traveled there as they were they only dealer that had this particular model. I contacted Best RV and they are backed up on work and suggested I contact them with pictures. Best RV stated they will not cover the repairs unless Forrest River authorizes the work. I have sent those pictures to Best Rv with no response. It would be very inconvenient for me to transport my RV 4 hours for a repair.
I contacted Forrest River via email they only responded by asking for my Vin number which I provided. I have struggled to get a response since then. I purchased a brand new $40,000 RV that is under warranty and I cannot get a any service to get this resolved.
Any tip on how to escalate this? The exterior wall of my fifth is cracking and I assume will only get worse as it bounces down the road. HELP!
Well we have been fighting warranty issues with our 2019 3271sf class C Forester since September of last year and we have issues that have not been resolved yet but our dealer has worked with us and Forest River has approved the work but we won't be able to make it back around to the dealership until May of 2020. We are full-time and have
been back to the dealer several times over the last year for warranty work. Twice it has spent over a full month in the shop twice and didn't get everything fixed. I would call customer service at Forest River and explain what is going on with your unit. It's been a long frustrating year for us but the dealership and Forest River has worked with us. Forest River can tell you where to take it but the way they work is they have to look at the issues, take pictures and send them to Forest River for approval. You probably won't get it repaired on that visit but can schedule the work at a later date. The sooner you call them the better. Sometimes you have to stay on them which is very frustrating. Sad that a new unit has so many quality issues it makes you not want to ever buy new but all manufacturer's are apparently this way. Good luck.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:32 PM   #26

I have had big problems with my fr cardinal, but I have never had an issue with warranty repair. I contacted the division manager of Cardinal and he has stood behind the product for over 3 years. I have brought the unit back to Indiana three times, they fixed every item, large and small. Contact division manager at FR, they will fix problem. They will direct you to a repair facility or you can find one on your own. In any case be nice, it really works. They also have a frog rally every year that they make repairs. Start with Division Manager at FR.
Johnzielinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #27

I couldn't get any movement on warranty repair for my 2018 Cedar Creek which had the bedroom slide floor completely rot out and some electrical wiring sheared off, and tank valve failure, and converter and water pump failure etc.

Finally I posted pictures of the worst failures on the Cedar Creek Facebook page and received a call from a manager in FOUR minutes. I had to tow it to Indiana to an approved repair shop, but everything was fixed in seven hours. They removed and rebuilt the slide, replaced seals, etc etc. It was amazing. Amish Family RV came to the rescue.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #28

Yes, they repaired slides, heaters, water heaters, doors, axels and more. The product left factory bad, but FR stood behind the product. I live 700 miles from Elkhart, but worth the trips. My Fifth Wheel is better now than the day it was built.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #29

Best Rv in Turlock are a bunch of clowns . Bought a new Mini Lite 2104s there in 2016. When I went to pick up the trailer I had to wait in the shop . The receptionist in there was telling everybody it was 3 to 4 months out to get an appointment for warranty work . They sell a lot of rv’s below any other dealers price . But they will never fix it . I was lucky my trailer only had minor problems I fixed my self .
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #30

Has anyone ever had good service from Camping World?

The only consistent thing I read about Camping World is how bad their service is.
Nothing new here, as it just reinforces the facts. I my unit ever needs service / warranty work seems I would take it anywhere other than CW even if they were across the street, I would rather drive 200 miles and get the work done more efficiently and correctly.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:05 PM   #31

Deal direct, dealers can’t fix most of the problems that come out of factories. My advise is deal direct, don’t take no for an answer
Old 11-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Just upgraded to a fifth wheel and the nightmare has started...
We purchased a brand-new RV on 3/16/19 from Best Rv in Turlock CA. New 2019 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29BH Fifth Wheel. We have only used a handful of times. We started to notice an imperfection starting on the outer RV surface by the outdoor kitchen exterior door. The imperfection has gotten worse and is now starting to crack. We took our RV to Camping World in Sacramento (the nearest Forrest River warranty service center) and they would not write an estimate and they said Forrest River would likely not cover this repair. Camping World will not touch my RV without authorization from Forrest River. Camping World stated the crack was likely from not cutting the door opening correctly. They also pointed out to me the window opening above the door was starting to crack the same way as the door and two screws are pushing out against the exterior surface.
I took the RV to another local repair shop for a second opinion and they confirmed the severity of the problem but wanted fee to prepare an estimate. They also suggested I contact Forrest River.
Best RV is over a 2 hour drive from my home and we traveled there as they were they only dealer that had this particular model. I contacted Best RV and they are backed up on work and suggested I contact them with pictures. Best RV stated they will not cover the repairs unless Forrest River authorizes the work. I have sent those pictures to Best Rv with no response. It would be very inconvenient for me to transport my RV 4 hours for a repair.
I contacted Forrest River via email they only responded by asking for my Vin number which I provided. I have struggled to get a response since then. I purchased a brand new $40,000 RV that is under warranty and I cannot get a any service to get this resolved.
Any tip on how to escalate this? The exterior wall of my fifth is cracking and I assume will only get worse as it bounces down the road. HELP!
Went through a similar problem and all I will say is to check your states lemon law but in order to make a claim you then need to document absolutely everything, keep a phone log of every person with time and dates, get that backed up by supporting em,ails as well as all the pictures you can take.

I will say your strongest recourse is the dealer you bought it from, you should have considered the drive time when making your purchase for warranty work. I just bought a unit this past January from a place over an hour from my house I did so understanding what it would take to have repairs done under warranty. not that they care they already have your money from the sale and if they can not get authorization from the manufacture and payment from them they will pretty much not do a dam thing, sorry to be blunt but it is an unfortunate reality.

Document, document and when you think you did enough document that, I think you get the idea, good luck.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Just upgraded to a fifth wheel and the nightmare has started...
I will haul the dang thing to the Forest River plant that made it and park it in front of their shop. Betcha you would get a response then. This is ridiculous. I have heard that their quality has really gone downhill since Berkshire Hathaway bought them. Someone in our CedarCreek RV Club bought a brand n ew Hathaway a year ago and I have heard he is having problems with it as well.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #34

I bought my camper at Wana RV in Shipshewana,IN and drove straight home to Delaware only to find a soaked mattress with leaking skylights and numerous other problems. Called nearest FR dealer and they wanted cost of materials upfront. I called the seller and the service manager told me to send an estimate, pictures & VIN. They sent me a check and the local dealer, Shady Maple RV in southeastern PA did a fantastic job in making all repairs.
Recently I called shady Maple again and they were too backlogged with their own customers butbsent a letter to Rockwood asking them to extend my warranty until I am in Florida this winter. I’d recommend either dealer.
Royboy
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 PM   #35

Contact Marcus Lemonis . I was having warranty issues I emailed his office FR got on it then
Firefighter306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #36

In 2005, Forest River, Inc., was acquired by Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. Forest River continued to expand with the acquisition of Rance Aluminum Fabrication and Priority One Financial Services in 2007. The following year, the company acquired assets of Coachmen RV, a subsidiary of Coachmen Industries.Berkshire Hathaway is a massive holding company, still run by famed investor Warren Buffett. It owns a variety of well-known private businesses, such as GEICO, and also has minority interests in public companies, such as Apple. Berkshire CEO Warren Buffett, at 88 years old, has yet to name a successor.Anyone can attempt to make contact with Buffet through Berkshire Hathaway's public email address is berkshire@berkshirehathaway.com and the mailing address is 3555 Farnam St., Omaha, NE 68131. Trust me I would give them a wrath of sh*t if their company treated me this way. Good luck
RECONUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:25 AM   #37

Stop the BS before it even starts, INSPECT FIRST!

Clearly some (most?) RV dealers don't givadam about anything but hooking us up with anything we'll buy and clearly some manufacturers care only about PRODUCTION and quality comes in a very, very distant 3rd
See the vid about bragging that there's only SIX HOURS of hands on time to build one of their units:

Meanwhile, the ONLY protection we have as consumers is long, very expensive legal battles, months of waiting for most RV warranty work, when we should just have the unit of choice INSPECTED by someone not involved with dealer OR manufacturer (on our side, right?)
Find one here: https://nrvia.org/inspector-locator-step-one/
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKannick View Post
Clearly some (most?) RV dealers don't givadam about anything but hooking us up with anything we'll buy and clearly some manufacturers care only about PRODUCTION and quality comes in a very, very distant 3rd
See the vid about bragging that there's only SIX HOURS of hands on time to build one of their units:

Meanwhile, the ONLY protection we have as consumers is long, very expensive legal battles, months of waiting for most RV warranty work, when we should just have the unit of choice INSPECTED by someone not involved with dealer OR manufacturer (on our side, right?)
Find one here: https://nrvia.org/inspector-locator-step-one/
WOW! No wonder RV units have problems with quality the way their thrown together.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #39

I couldn't get the FR contact list to load. Could you send to me.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I'd really like to see the pictures, but that's not going to help your situation.

Did you contact the warranty contact for the Coachmen division specifically?

Here's a Contact List of the specific people to contact.
Just scroll down to the Coachmen division and find your model.

Hopefully that will provide more assistance than you've gotten so far.

Just be aware that they're going to want you to take it to your dealer and let them process the claim. Also be aware that unlike car warranties, RV dealers aren't required to work on a unit they didn't sell. So you're most likely going to have to take it to the selling dealer.

You may be able to get an independent service center to look at it, but you'll have to get pre-authorization and be reimbursed after they are done with it.
ehwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehwhitt View Post
I couldn't get the FR contact list to load. Could you send to me.
Thanks
Bad link. Try this one:

Forest River Forums - Downloads - forest river contacts
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty