Old 07-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
Have been there. Lots of camping world stuff. I will go again cause it is the best show in this area. I love checkling out all the latest models of RV's. I have never been to Harrisburg, I've been told that's better.
IMHO you were told wrong. I am only 25 minutes from the Harrisburg show and will never go again. Minimal venders at Harrisburg. Unless you want to replace the windows in your house or sign up for a high pressure sales "free" trip. It is probably less than 25% of the building is used. Not counting the price for parking and admission. We had $50.00 invested just to make it through the door.

To the OP. It is definitely worth going. We have been going for years. It is just fun to walk through the $50,000 to the $750,000 homes. As stated above, go on Wednesday or Thursday. It is less crowded.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeLady View Post
Has anyone been? Not really looking for an RV, just interested in vendors, seeing products, looking at what is new or not.
Have been wanting to go for a couple of years, need to start planning now to make reservations.
So, have you gone? Would you go again? What made it worth going to for you?

Thanks

We went once about 5 years ago and was not impressed, never returned.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
Have been there. Lots of camping world stuff. I will go again cause it is the best show in this area. I love checkling out all the latest models of RV's. I have never been to Harrisburg, I've been told that's better.
I do not know if it is BETTER but it is good well. I assumed the farm show show?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #14

Already have a 2016 Wildwood 26TBSS, I don't think I can talk DH into trading for something else. His arm is still in a sling from this buy!!
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #15

Thanks to all. Sounds like it might be worth the trip. We are Dayton, OH so a half day's trip. ??? as to whether we take the TT or not. Could be a nice week trip, see some other areas while in PA.
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
Who Dares, Wins

Well worth the trip. We loved Dayton btw.. We figure the distance divided by 45(mph) to figure our drive times. Seems to work well for figuring in fuel stops and breaks to stretch and eat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
Old 07-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #17

We have been to Hershey Show twice. It's a great show to see all the RVs available. They advertise 16 football fields of RVs. The nice thing about the Hershey Show is it is set up by Manufacturer and there are factory representatives on site to answer questions. We did buy our Legacy Motor Coach there a few years back. As far as vendors the Giant Center floor and concourse is full of vendors as well as a few outside. Plan to spend the whole day there arriving early. I believe the opening day is Senior day and 1/2 price entry. There also is lots to see in the surrounding area of Hershey and Lancaster PA.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #18
Global Nomad

Hershey RV Show

My wife and I have been to the show the last 3 years, as we were looking to buy our first RV. There are many seminars covering a wide variety of topics. Some geared to us new people. There is displayed every conceivable RV, from pop-ups to multi-million dollar class A.

There are also vendors covering everything from camping supplies and RV supplies to insurance.

We will not be going this year as we bought our Cedar Creek right after last year's show, based on information we received during the last 3 years.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #19
jkoenig24

I can easily recommend the Hershey RV Show. I went last year for the first time. It's a five-hour drive (minimum) from Long Island, NY, one-way. I was impressed and expect I'll go back. Good seminars, LOTS to see.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins

We will be going on Thursday. Staying at the TT Hershey for the Long weekend.

2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH

Tags
show