Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

Hershey, PA RV Show

Has anyone been? Not really looking for an RV, just interested in vendors, seeing products, looking at what is new or not.
Have been wanting to go for a couple of years, need to start planning now to make reservations.
So, have you gone? Would you go again? What made it worth going to for you?

Thanks

TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #2

"not really looking for an rv". We've all said that before. I wasn't looking for the new dually in my driveway either, but there it sits
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeLady View Post
Has anyone been? Not really looking for an RV, just interested in vendors, seeing products, looking at what is new or not.
Have been wanting to go for a couple of years, need to start planning now to make reservations.

Thanks

Vendors were ok, mostly the whole center was camping world, the required guy that refits your bathtub.. Blah blah..

That being said we are going this year. I like to see all the new models and see what is out there. We plan on having this trailer for many years but it is still nice to see where the industry is going as time goes on. Let's us plan if you will.

We now only go during the week because they let you park IN the park. On weekends they put the people in a grass (last time very muddy) field and you walk across the roadway to the park. It us also much less crowed during the week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #4

Hershey, PA RV Show

We have gone every year up to last year. The show interfered with bike week in OC. Plus we just bought new toy hauler a month before. As DOC said vendors were ok. Good to view items. Then go home and buy on Amazon. The whole center of arena is parts and gadgets. Up around the top with the concessions are the campgrounds from all over. Nice and fun to go. We enjoyed every year. I've gone on weekends and did not seem bad. I only parked in field once. The show is much better than the others around the area.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

Been going there for several years now. Like others have said, the vendors are good. For the area, it is well laid out. Stay outside if you want to just see RV's. Inside is talks, demos and small vendors. Lots of vacation spots, hitch, light and other vendors, etc. And of course, CW is in the middle on the floor.

Always cool to see the next innovations. Have fun.
Dodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #6

We go most years - we live only 90 mins from there. Always fun to see the new models, and to walk the vendors' stands and tables. There are so many RVs that you would need more than a day to see them all!
Lynlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #7

Was there about 2 years ago, it's a great show, you cannot see it all in one day. Lot of different type of vendors.

Have fun and enjoy it.
bemilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #8

Have been there. Lots of camping world stuff. I will go again cause it is the best show in this area. I love checkling out all the latest models of RV's. I have never been to Harrisburg, I've been told that's better.
dwa1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #9

Went to the Hershey show for the first time last year. We were in the market for our first RV, and seeing them all in one area was a plus. We decided there that a Class C was the best option for us, and are now the proud owners of a 2016 Sunseeker 3010DS. Forest River reps were on site offering much information about their products. Everything was there from tiny pop ups to mega dollars Class A's. We felt it was worth our while to dive there from Indian Lake, Ohio. Hoping to go there again to see what "new and exciting" items are on the market or how current models have changed/improved.
Lazy Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #10

We live there and go every year. Bought a Salem TT and two years later traded the Ford 3/4, 6.4 and TT for a 13, 352 Georgetown XL. Depending on your negotiating skills the dealers are motivated by quotas to sell. They bring inventory in from the factories special. The Giant Center is where the Hershey Bears play Hockey and the parking lot is where the units are parked. Inside the arena is where the venders sell merchandise and the RV parks from everywhere sell and exhibit. There is boondocks parking available. What is now the Hershey Park Camping Resort has WSE/50 and WSE/30 for 75-100 units. Harrisburg East campgrounds is 15 min away as is the Grantville KOA. There is a 1000 Trails not far either. MUST reserve early as there is always 5000 people per day.
Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
Have been there. Lots of camping world stuff. I will go again cause it is the best show in this area. I love checkling out all the latest models of RV's. I have never been to Harrisburg, I've been told that's better.
IMHO you were told wrong. I am only 25 minutes from the Harrisburg show and will never go again. Minimal venders at Harrisburg. Unless you want to replace the windows in your house or sign up for a high pressure sales "free" trip. It is probably less than 25% of the building is used. Not counting the price for parking and admission. We had $50.00 invested just to make it through the door.

To the OP. It is definitely worth going. We have been going for years. It is just fun to walk through the $50,000 to the $750,000 homes. As stated above, go on Wednesday or Thursday. It is less crowded.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeLady View Post

Thanks

We went once about 5 years ago and was not impressed, never returned.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
I do not know if it is BETTER but it is good well. I assumed the farm show show?

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #14

Already have a 2016 Wildwood 26TBSS, I don't think I can talk DH into trading for something else. His arm is still in a sling from this buy!!
Old 07-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #15

Thanks to all. Sounds like it might be worth the trip. We are Dayton, OH so a half day's trip. ??? as to whether we take the TT or not. Could be a nice week trip, see some other areas while in PA.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
Who Dares, Wins

Well worth the trip. We loved Dayton btw.. We figure the distance divided by 45(mph) to figure our drive times. Seems to work well for figuring in fuel stops and breaks to stretch and eat.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 07-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #17

We have been to Hershey Show twice. It's a great show to see all the RVs available. They advertise 16 football fields of RVs. The nice thing about the Hershey Show is it is set up by Manufacturer and there are factory representatives on site to answer questions. We did buy our Legacy Motor Coach there a few years back. As far as vendors the Giant Center floor and concourse is full of vendors as well as a few outside. Plan to spend the whole day there arriving early. I believe the opening day is Senior day and 1/2 price entry. There also is lots to see in the surrounding area of Hershey and Lancaster PA.
Beachbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #18
Global Nomad

Hershey RV Show

My wife and I have been to the show the last 3 years, as we were looking to buy our first RV. There are many seminars covering a wide variety of topics. Some geared to us new people. There is displayed every conceivable RV, from pop-ups to multi-million dollar class A.

There are also vendors covering everything from camping supplies and RV supplies to insurance.

We will not be going this year as we bought our Cedar Creek right after last year's show, based on information we received during the last 3 years.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #19
jkoenig24

I can easily recommend the Hershey RV Show. I went last year for the first time. It's a five-hour drive (minimum) from Long Island, NY, one-way. I was impressed and expect I'll go back. Good seminars, LOTS to see.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins

We will be going on Thursday. Staying at the TT Hershey for the Long weekend.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB

Tags
show