Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #21

Here are some pic's of Hershey park & the surrounding areas of yesterday afternoon....good luck trying to get there, Hershey is an absolute mess, lots of road closures still due to flooding, roads washing away & sinkholes, the sewer plant is not operating & will not be back operating till who knows when, there is a boil water advisory untill further notice & once the water does go down all the roads & bridges need to be inspected before re-opening & the roads need to be cleaned or mud & debris. Hopefully it will all be open in time but at this point it's so bad here I wouldn't hold my breath even though Hershey says its a go, but we'll wait & see......My husband also told me that as of last night not all the campers are there for the show, once they got off 81 there was no way in to Hershey so, as of now they are stranded & cannot get there. The campers may be there but people are gonna have a very hard time getting there as of right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hersheypark.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	7947   Click image for larger version

Name:	hersheypark2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	7948  
bee191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #22

Wow, we were all set to go next sat. your pics are in the low area there? Looks like a fema site like we have here in new jersey.
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #23

As of now they are saying its gonna be open, I just checked their site & it was updated yesterday aftrernoon, but who knows, Hershey took the brunt of the storm. The low lying area is Rt. 39.looking toward the Giant Ctr. Got a call an hour ago, that Pa's disaster response tream (my husband is a part of it) was activated & heading to Hershey to assist Derry Twp, EOC (Emergency Operations Ctr.), because its that bad there. So, guess we'll wait & see what happens.....mAybe they will get this mess all straightened out in time.....
Old 09-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #24

I finally have some good news to share...Rt 39 just opened, thats a major plus since its the main road from 81!!! Things may be finally looking up for the show!!!! Totally didn't think it was possible with as high as the flood waters were, but things may be working out after all!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee191 View Post
We are going, we only live about 10 minutes away. We purchased out TT there 6 years ago. Hopefully will be purchasing a 5th wheel this year, my heart is set on a Sandpiper 345ret, but we are getting a 3 day pass & looking at everything before we make a decison. Prolly going Wed evening & Thurs, Fri & possibly Sat, depending on if we find what we want & have looked at everything before that. If you are going to buy, you can't possibly look at everything in 1 day, after awhile everything starts looking the same!

Check out the new Prime Time Sanibels. They just came off the assembly line late last month! They are a new RV company with great products (Tracer and Lacrosse TT's and Crusader and the brand new Sanibel 5er's) I've heard the Sanibel is something to see and I will on Wed. (senior day).
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5

Check out the new Prime Time Sanibels. They just came off the assembly line late last month! They are a new RV company with great products (Tracer and Lacrosse TT's and Crusader and the brand new Sanibel 5er's) I've heard the Sanibel is something to see and I will on Wed. (senior day).
I'll have to check them out!!! Gonna be looking at everything!! Hopefully I'll get there Wednesday evening if not definatly gonna be there Thursday Friday & possible Saturday. Maybe I'll be alone or maybe the hubby will be able to get off work that is yet to be seen. But I'm not missing it that's for sure I'll Walk around alone I don't care!!! I'm Just so excited to pick out a new camper, the anticipation is killing me!!!!
Gone but not 4 gotten
Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #27

Just got back from the Hershey PA RV Show. No problem getting in or out. All roads in and out seem to be open. Lots and lots of all kinds of RV's from popups, pods, TT's, 5er's and every imaginable Class A, B and C motorhomes from every manufacturer you can think of. Good deals and quite a few "SOLD" units already.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 AM   #28
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We're heading up there tomorrow for the day. Usually camp there for a night or two but since we're going camping next weekend we decided just to drive up in the car. I always wonder if those Sold signs are just for show? We've been to other shows before on the opening morning and saw numerous signs and we were some of the first through the gate. Maybe speed shoppers were in front of us?????

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #29

The Year we got our TT I we were speed shoppers! We were prolly the 1st sale of the show in '05, we needed an ultralite, they had just recently came out, we did our research online about them before we came & that was it! Now there are so many to choose from, but not back then! But anyway I'm heading over by myself in the rain today! Should work to my advantage though, I'm female, young & by myself. So salespeople prolly assume I'm just looking around, not buying. But little do they know! But today I'm suspecting thin crowds so I'm sure they will be more apt to talk to me. They better watch out I know what I'm talking about & have lots of Q's since our TT incident. I'm really hoping the sandpiper I am in love with is there & it's not sold!!! Fingers crossed!! but I'm gonna look at everything before we decide 100% on anything!!!
Gone but not 4 gotten
Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Maybe speed shoppers were in front of us?????
My money is on sales tactic. The "We have another one just like it on the lot... They are moving like hotcakes... " seems to work quite well.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Yeah, Don't fall for the "We have another just like it on our lot". When we bought ours the one at the show had alum wheels. When we went to pick it up had painted wheels.

They said they "forgot" about the one at the show having alum wheels. I also had to ask for all the extras that are supposed to be included (outside grill, awning, plug in fan/light, etc). None of it was in the camper. In fact I never got the plug in fan/light. They just kept telling me "we don't make anything on these pop-ups..." yeah right.

If you do, get them to make a photocopy of the invoice from the one at the show and tell them if everything is not on your camper you don't want it.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote