Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #1

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Hershey,PA - RV Super Show - Sept.14-18,2011 Anyone Going ?

The DW and I have decided to go to the show. Its billed as the biggest RV show on the East Coast.(Sept,14-18,2011) Has anyone been to this show ?? Did you like it? We are hoping Prime Time is there with the New Sanibel model. Who knows may come home with a new 5th wheel! Is anyone else planing attend ??

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Wife and I are planning to go.
Not sure which day though.
Most likely Friday or Sunday.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

We go just about every year, last year we were not able to go. We camp 6 miles just out side of Hershey every weekend, so we are planning to attended at this time.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Flagstaff 625D Popup

We went for the first time last year and the wife and agreed before we went in that we were "just looking"....Well we came home with a Flagstaff 625D pop-up.

We are going again this year, and again we are "just looking". We'll see how it works out this time.

Last year I think they said there was 1,000 RVs at the show. It is big. If you want a deal show-up on the first day or the last day. We went on Saturday and alot of camper were already sold.

If you come plan to get there early and make a day of it. It takes all day to see everything.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #5

After the damage done by Hurricane Irene to our camper we are going to look as well, next week our camper is going to the shop for a real look at the damage.......so we will see.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We've been going since it was last held at the Harrisburg Expo Center. Great show, plenty to see. We bought our motorhome there in 2006. We've camped at the show for the past 4 years. Always enjoy this show. Just be prepared for all the walking. There's so much to see we always give ourselves two days. Hope to make it this year but the knees are really bothering me.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Flagstaff 625D Popup

The only thing I was disappointed about was the accessories (or lack there of). The building floor had some, but not very many for as large as the show was.

Still I highly recommend attending. We were blown away by the variety of RVs. I would have never guessed that a pop-up would have:

A Slide-out
Electric water pump
Hot water heater
Heated mattresses
Inside toliet
Inside Shower and outside shower
Sleeping for 8 (although I call it 6 or 4 adults and 4 children)
Outside hang-on grill.
Large front storage bin (the trunk).
Electric brakes

That is how we ended up purchasing one. Like I said we were blown away.

We saw some really good deals on travel trailers, but we were committed to a pop-up (had to fit in the garage).

Bean
Old 09-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #8

We are going, we only live about 10 minutes away. We purchased out TT there 6 years ago. Hopefully will be purchasing a 5th wheel this year, my heart is set on a Sandpiper 345ret, but we are getting a 3 day pass & looking at everything before we make a decison. Prolly going Wed evening & Thurs, Fri & possibly Sat, depending on if we find what we want & have looked at everything before that. If you are going to buy, you can't possibly look at everything in 1 day, after awhile everything starts looking the same!
bee191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #9

Just a FYI for anyone going. If you go to the website you can print out a coupon for a buck off. Just search Hershey RV show. They also list the parking fee days- think it was free Thur, Fri and maybe Sun, depends on amusement park traffic. Sat. its $8. There are also directions to the free parking area, then you have to use the shuttle bus. Not bad enough you gotta pay to look, but parking too??? Hope to get there Sat. We're really looking at XLR's and Darin Mai told me he's got some really sharp units coming. Sure wish we could have sold our hauler privately, but we'll see. Last time we bought there from Camping World dealer and it was a total nightmare from day 1, haven't been in a Caming World store since!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #10

Parking is free all days......from Wed-Fri, you just park in the hereshypark parking lot (park is closed weekdays & is only open now on Sat & Sun through end of Sept)) & Sat & Sun they park you in the field across the street from the Giant center & you just walk across hersheypark dr, they have cops directing traffic so people can cross.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
Brigitte

oh I wish we could go! work schedule not working out for it
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #12

Question for those of you who have attended the Hershey RV show before....do you remember seeing any Rockwood TTs? I went out to the "show" website last night, checked out the websites listed for the Forest River dealers and none of them sell Rockwoods. We're currently interested in the Rockwood 2608...saw one at the Rockwood factory and really liked it. If there aren't any Rockwoods on display, we may not attend since we're a couple hours drive away.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
Flagstaff 625D Popup

I can remember for sure, but there is just about every brand you can think of.

If you've never been to a big show, I don't think you will be disappointed if you come.

Bean
Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #14

Right now much of the mid state is under water including Hershey. Hersheypark Blvd has been closed due to flooding & you cannot get to the park at all. I'd keep my eye on hersheys site to see if they will even have the show at this point. Its extermely bad here, I am flooded in on all sides & don't expect to be able to leave for some time. Hershey's police dept. & sewer plant are either taking on water or are flooded at the moment.....I'd wait & see what goes on before I'd make any plans, river isn't gonna crest till Fri or sat, then with all the clean up....
Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee191 View Post
Right now much of the mid state is under water including Hershey. Hersheypark Blvd has been closed due to flooding & you cannot get to the park at all. I'd keep my eye on hersheys site to see if they will even have the show at this point. Its extermely bad here, I am flooded in on all sides & don't expect to be able to leave for some time. Hershey's police dept. & sewer plant are either taking on water or are flooded at the moment.....I'd wait & see what goes on before I'd make any plans, river isn't gonna crest till Fri or sat, then with all the clean up....
You are right about the weather. it is a mess. My daughter works next the the Pro Bass shop off of 83 and she is staying at our cabin in Hershey and it is about 15 mile, it toke her 3.5 hour to get to the cabin after work yesterday because Rt-322 and Rt-422 were closed down.

As far as the the RV show Reicharts camping center will be there and they deal with Forest River, they have been located just to the right as you enter the show.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
2011 Berkshire 390bh

With all the flooding in the Hershey area, is the show still on? Has anyone heard one way or the other?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

bee191, keep us posted.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
bee191, keep us posted.
I will do that
Old 09-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #19

Just got off the phone with them. Units are already on the grounds, and the water is receeding. Only issue might be a couple of road closures, but the lady told me they weren't too concerned about that. She said as long as the units were there they were having a show.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #20

That's good news!!!! Now my only thing is I may have to attend by myself, my husband is in emergency management & has been working crazy hours since the flood started & doesn't know if he'll be able to have off those days now. So fingers crossed he can attend but at this point its not looking good.
Gone but not 4 gotten