Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

How do they make money?

At the first of this crazy situation, I was praising the folks I was dealing with. I am just about finished and that's good because I am also at the end of my patience. My TT was broken into 3 or 4 months ago. They damaged the front door by prying it open with a crow bar. I ordered a new door after being told I couldn't order the door frame, which was all I actually needed. I got a door and the graphics pretty quickly... but it was the back (26") door instead of the front (24") door... but the graphics looked right. After being told to pack the door back up for shipping, I was told that they had changed their minds, and it would cost more to return the door than it was worth to them. So, I now have a brand new tan, 26" door that I have no use for. Weekend before last, I decided to tackle replacing the door. Pretty easy, really, except for the trim pieces that cover the screws down each side of the door. They were aluminum and I destroyed them getting them off. Ordered new and got them... So this weekend, I had decided to put the graphics on the door before finishing the install, so I wouldn't be trying to avoid wet caulk while trying to get the graphics positioned. The graphics have a protective paper on the outside and a slick paper on the adhesive side. In lining it all up, I was pumped about finally being done with this evolution... Alas, it was not to be. I marked the graphic, and cut it on the hinge line and facing, to make it easier to position. At that point I realized that though I had it in the right position to fit and line up, the adhesive side was toward me, not the door... as they had sent me the graphic for the left side, not the right. So... I finished with the new door trim, rain drip rail at the top, and caulked everything. Now I'm waiting for the new graphics to be sent.

I can't remember the first person's name that sent me all the wrong stuff, but I have since been dealing with a different person, and she seems to have her act together. She has been very understanding and everything she has sent to correct the first shipment has been timely and correct. Thanks Rachel! Maybe this weekend I can actually say it's DONE!!!

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

Had an issue with a closet door, had the dealer order one, took the door with us to show them.

They took pictures and then said it would be 6-8 week.

They called three weeks later and said the door was in.

Drove over to get it, it was the size of an entry door, closet door is about 20" x 34".....

One size does NOT fit all even if you use a table saw....
Old 06-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #4

They seem like they cannot read at the factory. Same experience with a storage compartment door. Sent pictures description and the numbers printed on the door. A month later, the wrong door was received. Amazing!
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #5

It's a nation wide phenomenon...we can't even get the right air conditioning parts delivered correctly to the 6th largest city in the country. Can hardly find any parts in stock anymore.

Looks like you got lucky finally in the end
Old 06-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #6

That's why I never lock my rv's. There is nothing in the RV worth the expense to fix the damage.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #7

Sadly, these are just more examples why computers and robots are replacing people. There are so many reasons why this is happening but that what what many of us keep going to voting booths to hopefully resolve.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote