Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
"Jim" Dandy sells Dandy RV to Good Sam/CW

I just found this out today...apparently the deal was done last month. All I can say is *wow*

SO now I wonder how this will affect my warranty work - I have heard so much variable reviews about Camping World...
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,904
Tried the link to "dandyrv.com" and it redirects you to CW of Oxford in Anniston, AL
__________________

__________________
itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
Member
 
stallsmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 64
Bob, anytime you want to travel to Anniston and check it out, I am available to ride shotgun!
__________________
stallsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
I just found this out today...apparently the deal was done last month. All I can say is *wow*

SO now I wonder how this will affect my warranty work - I have heard so much variable reviews about Camping World...
Bob, I posed that question a couple of months ago. If the dealer that you bought from sells out to CW....
1) Will they still provide service to people who bought from the dealership before the changeover?
2) What is the status of warranty...either FR warranty or after-market? In our case, our dealer paid for a 5-year extended warranty on our Windjammer as part of the purchase.
3) Do you now have a "network" of service centers at all CW stores across the country? If so, that might be a good thing for owners.

Food for thought...

Mike
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallsmi View Post
Bob, anytime you want to travel to Anniston and check it out, I am available to ride shotgun!
Hey Bob -- if nothing else, we can go to Mata's Pizza (Best Greek Pizza...anywhere! )
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Bob, I posed that question a couple of months ago. If the dealer that you bought from sells out to CW....
1) Will they still provide service to people who bought from the dealership before the changeover?
2) What is the status of warranty...either FR warranty or after-market? In our case, our dealer paid for a 5-year extended warranty on our Windjammer as part of the purchase.
3) Do you now have a "network" of service centers at all CW stores across the country? If so, that might be a good thing for owners.

Food for thought...

Mike
Good Points Mike!

At this point, I am VERY HAPPY that we found Reed RV in Huntsville. They are a FR Dealer and have honored our FR Warranty. We have a Good Sam Extended Warranty...it will be interesting to see what they say about that warranty - something I plan on finding out as soon as I can get to the dealer!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 497
They are now fully converted to Camping World. Jim retired and sold both dealerships and both campgrounds. Hopefully CW will serve our community as well as Dandy RV did. What a sad day.
__________________

__________________
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
good sam

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.