Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #1

Knoxville TN RV Show

Dunno if this is the right forum or not but here's the link...btw it's actually in Sevierville TN..
http://rvexpo.net/site/knoxville-rv-...FQjd4AodV3fkmg
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #2

Can't even afford to buy another right now but I'll try to go down to check it out. Anytime I get a chance to "window shop" I'll do it!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #3

Same here....lol. I'm leaving my truck at home just to make sure!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #4

The DW does a search of everything I have with me when we go to the RV shows to make sure I'm not carrying any titles/payment books. That way I can't trade in for a newer unit.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #5

LOL at lindy.

2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #6

Well we went. We looked. Sure didn't have many FR products on the floor to look at! Or at least if they did it wasn't anything that I could afford in this lifetime!

2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #7

skeeterbait8; I did that one time with the DW's car. We went to Buffalo for what she thought was 1 reason and I had another one in mind. I'd found the make, model, and color of the car she liked. So when we pulled into the lot she thought we were just looking till I told the saleman to write it up and gave him the title for the trade-in car.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #8

we attended yesterday if was good to see some Good Sams friends that we had met at other events,make you remember we are a small world. Only 1 gtown motor home ,no high end motor home tiffen was the highest price unit there it was nice but i believe a berkie or charleston would be more bang for my buck. not looking yet but all things holding to gether (health,wealth and attitude) maybe in a couple of years. The unit that i really liked was 5thwheel with upstairs living room
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #9

We also went yesterday. It was kind of a small display for FR products, but luckily they had the unit we were looking at purchasing there (30wfkss). Then right next to it was a 30flss. Good thing we went, the 30flss is now the front runner. Being able to be inside of the unit and "feel" it's functionality made a world of difference. Unfortunatly the dealer that I spoke to was not budging on his price. I told him I could drive 3 hours and save $2000. He didn't care. I told him me either, I like road trips
Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumba View Post
We also went yesterday. It was kind of a small display for FR products, but luckily they had the unit we were looking at purchasing there (30wfkss). Then right next to it was a 30flss. Good thing we went, the 30flss is now the front runner. Being able to be inside of the unit and "feel" it's functionality made a world of difference. Unfortunatly the dealer that I spoke to was not budging on his price. I told him I could drive 3 hours and save $2000. He didn't care. I told him me either, I like road trips
i would assume you were talking to tnrv (camping world) we bought 2 units off boat and rv in rockwood not sure what they carry in fr towables ,but we were treated fair on both transactions. if i recommend you and you purchase there i get some kind of finders fee which i would be happy to give to you. happy camping
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #11

Wasn't going to call em out, but it was Northgate RV. The saleman ( I won't go into names tho) was very nice. Not too knowledgable on the unit, but that's understandable since they have so many. Then he started with the servicing the unit routine. I asked him if he was a authorized FR service center. He said yes. I then asked him If I showed up for warranty work and bought the rig elsewhere was he going to turn me away. He moved off that subject real quick. There was an actual FR rep there. He was able to answer any questions we had.
Been to Rockwood Boat and RV. Nice people. They don't carry FR TT's tho. They do have some nice 5's there tho
Old 01-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #12

Should have worn my FROG hat yesterday! If you saw someone walking around with a little Schnauzer.... that would bark if I asked her "Do you want to go camping?" That was Miya and me!

2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting