Old 02-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #11

Thanks! I did receive "Interim Owner Notification" from FR re: Campaign Recall 51-11102015-0109 concerning fracture of the center bolt of fan gear assembly & all risks involved, but stating that parts are not available yet & a separate notice would be sent. Steps on my 2013 Coachmen Encounter started malfunctioning 2 weeks later!....shuttering/bouncing when going up or down. My local dealer contacted FR who said they're referring all to Lippert. I called Lippert & found out replacement parts will be available by Wed 2/3/16 & letters would be going out. When I asked if that would be solution to my shuttering/bouncing issue, tech said, "Oh....THAT'S a bad MOTOR issue! If you order a new motor, the campaign will STILL have to be performed on it." Per Lippert, new motor #163669 is $198.09. Sounds like I'm in for a long, painful battle!

Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #12

Step Bolt

Mine broke last March, 2015 on my 2007 Georgetown 378 TS xl. Thought it was likely age related now I know better after seeing recall notice in FMCA magazine of Feb., 2016. I replaced it myself after luckily finding 2 in an RV parts store here in south Texas who had ordered them by mistake. Now to call FR.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #13

Got notified the kits are now available for the steps recall and have coordinated with my dealer. Should take about 1/2 hour to complete so the letter says. Don't know what the fix consists of and Lippert is handling the recall, at least on my Georgetown. I tried to get kit directly from Lippert and forest River but was unsuccessful. If dealer a long way away seems a bit much for 1/2 hour install.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:40 AM   #14

I have my 335 going in on the 28th to have the recall work done. I'm hoping all goes well.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #15

Guys & gals,

Is this the bolt??

Lippert Components RV Parts and Accessories|Steps for Towable and Motorized RV's
Old 03-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmen View Post
Thanks! I did receive "Interim Owner Notification" from FR re: Campaign Recall 51-11102015-0109 concerning fracture of the center bolt of fan gear assembly & all risks involved, but stating that parts are not available yet & a separate notice would be sent. Steps on my 2013 Coachmen Encounter started malfunctioning 2 weeks later!....shuttering/bouncing when going up or down. My local dealer contacted FR who said they're referring all to Lippert. I called Lippert & found out replacement parts will be available by Wed 2/3/16 & letters would be going out. When I asked if that would be solution to my shuttering/bouncing issue, tech said, "Oh....THAT'S a bad MOTOR issue! If you order a new motor, the campaign will STILL have to be performed on it." Per Lippert, new motor #163669 is $198.09. Sounds like I'm in for a long, painful battle!
Soo...it WAS motor assembly after all....not just fan gear center bolt recall. Total charge was $300+, but cost me the $50 deductible with extended warranty coverage from purchasing dealer (YES, amazingly, it was covered!). Now, time to hit the road & move on to the next issue.....whatever that may be!
Old 03-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #17

what happen if it breaks on the road or in storage? Can't drive MH with the steps down and parts dangling? Do they have field service to fix at your site?

2014 Georgetown 328TS
towing 2013 Honda Fit
louigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi View Post
what happen if it breaks on the road or in storage? Can't drive MH with the steps down and parts dangling? Do they have field service to fix at your site?
Bungee cords?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Bungee cords?

Having happened to me, steps loose and dangling, best temp fix is to wedge the steps up and tie with scrap piece of rope. Bungee cord cuts too easy and has no tension. I used about 4 wraps to prevent movement.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi View Post
Hopefully I'm good to go now with new motor & all. If it fails again, I can crawl under, disconnect power plug, push steps up & tie in place until can repair/replace. Inconvenient but not impossible!

Tags
recall