Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #21

Getting a new FR3. Thinking of adding to an invertor in order to have a 120 volt source with out turning on the generator and boon docking. Don't need much amperage. Looking for an alarm clock, small electric heater in the cold season, charge a phone. Figure just one outlet in the center of the unit.
Now just starting to look at any options of what might be possible, of if it is even worth the money and time to do?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #22

You will need a pretty substantial inverter to power any kind of heater. One large enough for that is likely to be fairly expensive.

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #23

The other loads can be 12V (phone) and a wind up clock. Inverters are inherently very energy wasteful and you'd end up adding batteries. Better off with small solar system and use your gas heater, sparingly.....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #24
MI Camperz

I saw the picture from the link. I don't get how it has Class C attributes at all...It just looks like a Class A motor home to me. Even says, "Class A Motorhome"
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
I saw the picture from the link. I don't get how it has Class C attributes at all...It just looks like a Class A motor home to me. Even says, "Class A Motorhome"
Drop down overhead bunk is the primary reason for the class C "attribute"
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
MI Camperz

Oh, I see. Nice model either way. Coming in around 30' vs. 40' is a little more flexible for a lot of people, I imagine. Very Kewl.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #27

Just got, and hooked up my new FR3. They seem to have a problem remembering which water input is for 'fresh water tank' and the 'city water hookup'. Hooked water up, then went inside to make sure water turned on. Found no pressure! Went outside and noticed water flowing onto the ground from the overflow hose. Killed the city water, swapped connections, and all worked!! Luckily I had read of this happening before on a different model.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chamber View Post
Just got, and hooked up my new FR3. They seem to have a problem remembering which water input is for 'fresh water tank' and the 'city water hookup'. Hooked water up, then went inside to make sure water turned on. Found no pressure! Went outside and noticed water flowing onto the ground from the overflow hose. Killed the city water, swapped connections, and all worked!! Luckily I had read of this happening before on a different model.
Which one was the correct connection?
Pick mine up next week.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #29

Left = fresh water tank. Right = city water line. At least on my unit.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
Retired US Army CW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chamber View Post
The first time out in my 2014 Georgetown 329DS the same thing happened to me. The dealer thought I had a bad pressure valve in the water pump until they got a look at it. All of the labels for my fresh, city and black flush were labeled incorrectly. Called Forest River and they said this has come up a couple of times and they are addressing it. In the meantime the dealer has ordered me a new set of labels that have the correct markings.

Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote