Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #41
Retired US Army CW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chamber View Post
Question to all on unit slides?

How much can they take in wind or bad weather, before you take them in? Or would it make any difference, in or out for safety?
I spend a lot of time in the California deserts and the wind can really get nasty. I've been stuck in 50-60 mph winds with the slides out and never had any problems.
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #42

Noted one more design flaw in my unit and the one just arrived at the local dealer. The shower base is made such that water flowing down the wall travels out the corner and onto the floor. There is nothing in the shape to direct it toward the drain. I am putting some silicon sealant around the base and in that corner to direct it back into the base. Hope that solves it.
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #43
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Noted one more design flaw in my unit and the one just arrived at the local dealer. The shower base is made such that water flowing down the wall travels out the corner and onto the floor. There is nothing in the shape to direct it toward the drain. I am putting some silicon sealant around the base and in that corner to direct it back into the base. Hope that solves it.

That's not the first time this issue has risen it's head. And the fix was exactly what you did!!
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #44

Did some more research on my water leaks. Seems that during the PDI, the outside shower hose was turned on, then stopped the the shower head close valve. This valve does not completely close!! So any pressure was leaking from it to the bottom of the bin, then out the drain hole. Shut off the water at the knobs and water leak went away!!
Also pulled the sound control module to try and find where speaker set "C" went. They are cut and labeled right behind the unit, so just need to splice some more wire to them and run to where my speaker input will be.
Last small problem is the shower walls not sticking. Plan to put several small wood screws on both sides to hold it.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Did some more research on my water leaks. Seems that during the PDI, the outside shower hose was turned on, then stopped the the shower head close valve. This valve does not completely close!! So any pressure was leaking from it to the bottom of the bin, then out the drain hole. Shut off the water at the knobs and water leak went away!!
Also pulled the sound control module to try and find where speaker set "C" went. They are cut and labeled right behind the unit, so just need to splice some more wire to them and run to where my speaker input will be.
Last small problem is the shower walls not sticking. Plan to put several small wood screws on both sides to hold it.
Yeah, I read somewhere in the docs that speaker C was for future add ons. I may add bedroom speakers in the future or surround sound for the living room.

Happy to hear you got your water leak figured out.

My first cam is less than 2 weeks away...woohoo !
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #46

Wonder what happened to the "doggie window" beside the passenger seat a la Ace. No longer shown or listed in options. I thought that was a great idea! Can't have been that costly. Should at least have been left as an option.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Wonder what happened to the "doggie window" beside the passenger seat a la Ace. No longer shown or listed in options. I thought that was a great idea! Can't have been that costly. Should at least have been left as an option.
Tell me about it?.. I didn't even realize until I got it home. I had to call the dealer to see if I got a defected coach....lol

Was totally expecting it. It was on their main brochure as a standard option.

Wonder what happened also....
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #48

Anyone seen the latest version of FR3? The one I saw last week had the door access to under the dining benches removed and the plank under the seat changed to lift up for things in the benches. Also mine has a three part shower curtain bar so you can extend the curtain into the walkway, giving more elbow room. The new one has just a straight bar.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Contacted Forest River today... The Doggie Window has been omitted and existing ones were from 1st release productions. No explanation....oh well
Old 05-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #50

New rv forest river fr3

We are looking at the FR3 and were wondering about cable hookup. It isn't mentioned in brochures. Is there a hookup for cable tv on the FR3?
Bosque Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #51

Just looked at my FR3. Not sure which version it is. I have a cable input just below the antenna power amp switch.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #52

Thanks Ron, but do you know if there is an input for park cable?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosque Fire View Post
Thanks Ron, but do you know if there is an input for park cable?
It's in the electrical basement area. ( last door on drivers side) you run the cable trough the opening in the floor if the basement cargo area. Kind of nice location, actually .
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #54

Thanks very much for your help. We are going to go for it--will pick up sometime next week. We r trading in our class c. Very excited!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosque Fire View Post
Thanks very much for your help. We are going to go for it--will pick up sometime next week. We r trading in our class c. Very excited!
Great, let us know how you make out....
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #56

Two small, new factory fixes needed

In the continuing experience with my new FR3.
1st problem: The clothes hanger rod in the back closet pulled out of the ceiling. Had about 8 shirts and a few pants hanging on it at the time. From looking at the screws and the holes in the ceiling, they were not put into wood or any support, but rather into some thing similar to drywall or ceiling tile.
The dealer is looking for answers to this.
2nd problem, the bunk bed wood base is a thick piece of plywood. it is supported by a solid metal frame. The wood is held in place by some small 3/4 inch wood screws. These are too small to keep the wood from flopping up and down, thus stripping out the wood screws. Before they drop out, they rattle alarmingly against the metal bunk frame. Scared the daylights out of me as I was driving down a bumpy road at the time they started to make noise. Did not know if that was all holding the bunk together. Found out the frame is welded at all corners!
Working with the dealer to find a better way to hold the wood in the frame with out banging around.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #57

Quote:
Just got, and hooked up my new FR3. They seem to have a problem remembering which water input is for 'fresh water tank' and the 'city water hookup'. Hooked water up, then went inside to make sure water turned on. Found no pressure! Went outside and noticed water flowing onto the ground from the overflow hose. Killed the city water, swapped connections, and all worked!! Luckily I had read of this happening before on a different model.
Got word back from Forest River, seems the decals were correct hoses connected wrong! As you look at the connections, city water goes on the right, fresh water on the left! I need to swap hose connections.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #58

Quote:
Hi,

Did your fix work? Camping with mine for the 1st time and had the same issue.. What a mess.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #59

Water routing in the shower.
Did the silicon base and a small wall for the water to follow.
So far, it has worked for me. Only tried it a few times since I did the changes.
The screws work well keeping the plastic walls of the shower flush. They did bow out on both sides in a few places. Now, it may not look nice, but the ends of the walls are not moving any more! Think some paint may make it less noticeable.
The dealer is going to fix the water lines to the city water connection and the fresh water connection putting them to the right spots. (City on the left as you look in) The closet hanger rods, and the rattling bunk bed.
I am hoping I got lucky and these are as bad as this unit is going to get for "from the factory" faults and required fixers.
Trying to move out of the apartment into the RV full time. It was never this much work just to move from place to place as I followed jobs around. (call the moving company, have them pack up boxes, go to the new home, unpack and continue on) Now I got to figure out what is worth storing, what is not sellable, what charities, (Goodwill and such) will take and every thing else goes to trash bins.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #60

Problem solved : thanks for your help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2865700189.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	30937

Before and After
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-775537643.jpg