Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #1

new to the Forest River family...

Our family just purchased a Forest River Grey Wolf 26bh about 3 months ago...we were so excited to upgrade from the pop-up style of camping to something bigger and with less effort...we purchased this camper "on the go" from a dealer who did not take the time to explain to us the ins and outs of our new camper...as you all can guess, we are halfway lost and don't know how to work some of the features of our new camper...I called Forest River headquarters to ask them if they have developed a "how to" dvd or instructional videos that would show you how to work some of these features (furnace, water tanks, dump station, ect...) and all I got was a big fat NO...so this is why I'm turning to current owners to get some help or some guide either over the net or via post replies...this is my first post EVER on something like this, and after reading some of the previous answers (nice and polite people) I'm sure this will be the place to answer all my questions...
Interpreter Services NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #2

First, congrats on the new camper and welcome to the forum. I believe that there should be a generic type of rv manual that Forest River puts in their motor homes. If you don't have one, you could take a look around this site and maybe get your questions answered.

RV Basics .com - RV Information for RVers about RVing

Good luck and if you have more specific questions, be sure to ask.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #3

Welcome to the forums. Chances are that if you have a question about the functioning of something on your rig, someone else has too. Use the 'Search' feature on the toolbar here on the forums as I would guess that anything you have concerns about has been covered here.

It's a learning process but one I hope you come to enjoy.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #4

Welcome!

I sort of felt the same way at first... but ask away here, read some magazines. Even Wal-Mart sells a RV101 book pretty cheap in the RV section if you can find it. We love our bunkhouse camper.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpreter Services NE View Post
...as you all can guess, we are halfway lost and don't know how to work some of the features of our new camper...
You are probably a couple of steps ahead of the dealer who sold it to you without a pre-delivery inspection, many dealers are just 'car salesman' and don't really know the in's and out's of each of the trailers they sale.

Hence... the internet and forums like this one, hundreds of owners who at one time felt the same as you do, now with the help of others, we have conquered!
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #6

Don't gove up the boat, it a learning curve that all of us have been through a one time.
Please ask away!

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #7

I wouldn't be afraid to contact the dealer and arrange a true delivery session-and then tape it. If you are a first timer, there is too much to get without review. If the dealer/saleperson is decent, they should agree. Good luck.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #8

We do ours next Tuesday when we pick up the Roo. So far I'm really pleased with our dealer.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote