Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #61
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx2 View Post
Yes, thats pretty normal. I have not seen one yet that was propane and electric.
Me either.

Normally ours stays on 24/7 full of beverages while at home.

We normally camp 1-2 hours away so when we get there everything is still "pretty cold"

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
sabre is coming out with 7 new floor plans this fall.
I've heard rumor that one may have a self contained bunk house slide out which allows a rear living camper!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
I saw a Sandpiper or Sierra on an rv dealer website that had rear living, kitchen at entrance with a bunkhouse slide to the right of it with a side aisle bath setup going up to master bedroom - in a fiver of course - the bunkhouse was one of the 3 slideouts on driver side and another living room slide on curb side - sweet setup - no more losing views if you need a bunkhouse

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sounds like the Chaparral 360 IBL I was interested in. Though, when we looked at it at Goshen it turned out smaller than I would have liked. Be interesting to see what the new floorplans offer.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #63
just a member

First 1 we ever had.Love it.Always had an extra fridge outside***keeps little ones and me from running in and out.Now I dont have to set up the fridge.It only takes up space for 1 bunk inside.

If you haven't grown up by age 50 you don't have to.
2015 Jammer 3006WK
2013 Toyota Tundra Platinum 4x4
handlebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #64

Found a down side to my outside kitchen. Sink drains into the black tank.
We set up the other night and one of the kids must have turned the faucet valve while we were at home. It was late so I never opened the kitchen hatch, that is until I saw water dripping out of the hatch. Opened the door and found a nice mess, luckily I had bought a shop vac earlier in the year and got the bulk of the water out quickly, dried anything we could reach with towels and set a fan up to dry the spots we couldn't.
Next problem was the sink wasn't draining, I thought gee the tank must be full. So I pull the grey valve and nothing comes out. Real head scratcher, the drain must be clogged and that's why I have this mess. Nope, I tried drain cleaner with no success.
So I leave it until morning, and just for the hell of it pull the black valve. A good flow comes out and then stops as if the septic tank is full.
Now the really messy part. What I thought was the septic tank at 9pm in the dark, was actually not the septic tank. But what else could it possibly be, 4 inch threaded and capped pvc coming out of the ground? No other pipes sticking up on a full hookup site. It was the water main shut off, a previous camper ran over the septic fill crushing it into the ground to the point we could not find it. So now I had a full pipe to know where with sewage in it. The rest of the story sucks, so I won't get into it. But, it all got worked out and now I know my outside kitchen drains into the black tank. Wish I had known this earlier as when we dry camp I always did dishes outside this filling the black tank way quicker than it needs to be.

meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #65
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meck51 View Post
Found a down side to my outside kitchen. Sink drains into the black tank.
We set up the other night and one of the kids must have turned the faucet valve while we were at home. It was late so I never opened the kitchen hatch, that is until I saw water dripping out of the hatch. Opened the door and found a nice mess, luckily I had bought a shop vac earlier in the year and got the bulk of the water out quickly, dried anything we could reach with towels and set a fan up to dry the spots we couldn't.
Next problem was the sink wasn't draining, I thought gee the tank must be full. So I pull the grey valve and nothing comes out. Real head scratcher, the drain must be clogged and that's why I have this mess. Nope, I tried drain cleaner with no success.
So I leave it until morning, and just for the hell of it pull the black valve. A good flow comes out and then stops as if the septic tank is full.
Now the really messy part. What I thought was the septic tank at 9pm in the dark, was actually not the septic tank. But what else could it possibly be, 4 inch threaded and capped pvc coming out of the ground? No other pipes sticking up on a full hookup site. It was the water main shut off, a previous camper ran over the septic fill crushing it into the ground to the point we could not find it. So now I had a full pipe to know where with sewage in it. The rest of the story sucks, so I won't get into it. But, it all got worked out and now I know my outside kitchen drains into the black tank. Wish I had known this earlier as when we dry camp I always did dishes outside this filling the black tank way quicker than it needs to be.

Year make and model?

Turbs
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #66

2014, rock wood signature ultralite, 8312ss

meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #67

Not true for all outside kitchens. Columbus 325RL has the outside kitchen connected to grey tank #2.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #68
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickdana View Post
Not true for all outside kitchens. Columbus 325RL has the outside kitchen connected to grey tank #2.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
My outside kitchen has its own 35 Gallon tank to.

Turbs
Old 10-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #69

Couldn't live without one!

Here in Florida, an outside kitchen=happiness....
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #70
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
Here in Florida, an outside kitchen=happiness....
X2 in Oklahoma!!
My OK on my Sabre has its own gray, don't onow size, but we have to leave it open all the time anyhow till the vent is fixed
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #71

Tracer 230 FBS Outdoor Kitchen

We really enjoy our new 2015 Tracer 230 FBS!
There is a few things we had to change or add right away, first was the outdoor kitchen set up.
We took the fridge out, built a shelf and put in a smaller fridge (7cu), we now have counter space to work on, and can open the fridge door while cooking.
We added a slide cover, trailer itch for our bikes or basket for our generator and LED strip lighting under the awning.
The outdoor kitchen is a must have for us!
Attached Images

I don't get homesick. I get camp sick. Let's go!
Guylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #72

I love our our door kitchen. Our fridge is in it's own compartment by the camper door, so we have plenty of shelf space. My only complaint is I need 2 of a lot of things. I have a coffee pot inside and out, kitchen knives etc

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #73

We also love our Tracer230FBS. We have also been planning to putting in a smaller fridge to allow for more counter space. Your mod looks very nice!

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #74

Cedar Creek 36b4 with an outside kitchen, we will never go back, we us it every trip and if you think about it most of your camping time is outdoors anyway.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #75

First camper did not have one, second had one and so does our third camper. Will never not have one! Removes all the cooking to the outdoors and great for keeping the camper quite at night when the little ones go to bed.

One item I miss from my sprinter that my sandpiper does not have, the outdoor propane stove.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #76

I don't have a sink and took out the cheap grill-in-a-drawer. I have a fridge and lots of storage. Just how I want it. Use the space for all the BBQ accessories, tablecloths, plastic ware and anything else we feel we need to keep handy. Has a hook up for tv which we have used a few times by bringing bedroom tv out. Extra fridge is a HUGE plus. No need to every carry a cooler. Lots of drinks and stuff for grilling in outdoor fridge.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #77

We have a flagstaff classic 831krss with the outdoor kitchen. It was a must for us and has everything we need to cook and relax outdoors!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1421412032.345965.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	68463

2011 Forest River Flagstaff Classic 831KRSS
2011 Coleman 267BH Fifth Wheel
2013 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi
smonagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #78

Wow...after reading all the positive comments regarding outdoor kitchen I may have to rethink having one. Thanks for all the positive comments. Now to convince hubby...lol!
TeamPlumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPlumlee View Post
Wow...after reading all the positive comments regarding outdoor kitchen I may have to rethink having one.
I'll tell ya.. I love my little 25' trailer and all the places I can get into that I couldn't with my 5r, but my outdoor kitchen is the ONE and ONLY thing I really miss.

Now I'm gonna tear up just thinkin bout it...

rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #80

I went to the Pittsburgh RV show Sat. and I found three outside kitchen I like one was Apex and the other 2 was a Jayco .If I buy another one it will have a outside kitchen The reason I like those ones was there isn't any bunks and the 28ft one I like had a big br in it .But the weight is to heavy for me to tow for now.The price was right 21,000
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdoor kitchen