Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
Site Team

Pomona CA RV Show

Boy, am I tired but it was so much fun! Just got back from two days at the local RV show. This was my first RV show. I wanted to go last year but I just brought my trailer and I can tend to second guess myself so I stayed home instead.

I camped next door at KOA and walked over to the show to check things out. I like being able to check out all the FR models talked about here on this site. I'm still in love with my unit but I did find another one that I wouldn't mind having if I ever find "Mr. Right". I don't believe it was a FR unit but maybe FR has the same floorplan in another model - might check it out later after I find "him".

The funny part is that I saw the same floorplan a zillion times in various trailers of different makers. Some of the dealers tried to give the units a "live in" feel but went over board. I really wanted to gab a trash bag and help tidy up. The mess took away from counter space there was.

I did see a couple of Cruise Lite trailers and they felt like home. I do like the cloth material in the 2012 unit better than my 2011 unit but there's nothing wrong with what I have.

Ran into a lady that is interested in RVing but had concerns doing it by herself being a woman. We talked a bit since I RV solo. She was supposed to come back today after giving it more thought overnight.

Next year I will plan it better so I can stay over a few nights so I can be better rested. I wouldn't mind attending more seminars without being worn out.

I come away with good information on RV insurance choices. I am leaning towards not having it connected to my auto insurance company. Besides seeming to be a better deal as far as cost but in the case of needing to file a claim it would not directly impact my status with the auto insurance company like it can now.

Too tired to check out the MHs but there were so many of them everywhere! They seem to get bigger and bigger but then the same with the THs too. Saw my first "patio" add-on and it looked like a house on wheels.

Don't know why but I might drop by again next weekend as I head out for my camping trip.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote