Old 02-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Raleigh NC RV show - The report

Nancy and I decided we would go to the Raleigh NC show this weekend. It will be our first trip to this show but we decided to go since we were unable to make our usual visits to Richmond or Greensboro, and this is the last one relatively nearby to us for the season. If any of you are in the neighborhood, look us up. PM me for contact info. We will probably get there around noon.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"
Be careful! Those things are dangerous. See my intro!!!

Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Oh I know. We usually go to one or two every year and most years we don't see anything we like better than we already have. However, the last two we bought are the results of a trip to a show. We didn't buy at the show, but bought the same model we saw from our local dealer at a much better price.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Raleigh Show report

We made it to Raleigh around noon Saturday. It was pretty easy to find the place so no problems there. The parking is a little strange and the show entrances were not well marked, at least that we could see.

The show itself was comparable to Richmond and Greensboro, two shows we normally attend but could not this year. They had a good variety of most everything ranging from what looked like a towable tent, to the r-pods, to a good mix of travel trailers, fifth wheels and motor homes, including a $1 MILLION unit on display with a 30 minute or so line to get in. We passed on that. They have 3 large buildings and a large outdoor area for the show.

It appears Forest River is putting Toshiba TV's in most of their units now. At least that was what most at the show had. Most every unit there by all manufacturers had very dark interiors this year. This is not something that appeals to us. The new fad seems to be outdoor cooking areas. Some units have a full stove, cabinets and sink for outside cooking as well as inside. Rear living areas with two chairs and large back windows were the most represented floor plan this year. We still like that plan and still like the Rockwood/Flagstaff versions the best, even though all manufacturers have versions of it. Trailers seem to be getting heavier again. Some are pushing past 12000 lbs gross now. And these are not the fifth wheels.

Overall it was nice to get out and see what is new out there, and realize they still didn't have anything this year that we like better than what we already have. Dodged the new camper bullet again this year.