Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #41

2 cents... Cheyenne Camping Center was my go to while shopping. Their website is clean, easy to work around and great (large) selection of pictures. There was no doubt on the product you were looking at. just a thought for other dealers looking to "learn" from a great website.
Mike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
I want to see prices, the actual price you are asking not the inflated msrp. I want to see a picture of the floor plan and pictures of interior and exterior. This gives me a good idea of what I'm looking at. Post real dry weights fom the yellow weight sticker on the trailer door not the arbitrary dry weight the factory has on the website. A listing of gvwr, cargo capacity, tank sizes etc is helpful but also available at the manufacturers website. A link on your home page or on a links page to the manufacturers you sell is helpful. One dealership whose webpage I visit often even has a picture of each of the managers specials for that month on he home page. They are also listing the upcoming shows they will be at. Here is there link: Country Roads RV Center - Discount North Carolina RV Dealer for Blue Ridge, Puma, Sabre, Surveyor, Sandpiper, r-pod, Coachmen Brookstone, Palomino, Wholesale Pricing, Winston-Salem NC. I really like how their website is laid out.
I fully agree with you about the Country Roads website. They have tons of photos of every unit in stock, inside and out, with all the stats and floorplans. I live near them and bought from them after researching their site. I'm not trying to convince anyone to do business with them, but I wanted to join you in agreeing that theirs is a great example of what a dealer's website should include. Every unit has the MSRP and the actually sale price, which is also helpful.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike101 View Post
2 cents... Cheyenne Camping Center was my go to while shopping. Their website is clean, easy to work around and great (large) selection of pictures. There was no doubt on the product you were looking at. just a thought for other dealers looking to "learn" from a great website.

Besides that Cheyenne is just a GREAT dealer IMO !

SOLD me 2 units and one was bought via web and phone ...

We showed up at 3 in the afternoon
Had hitch installed all the paper work done and switched campers and did pdi before 6 pm and we were camping by 615 .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So whatever delete the post. I figured that would get someone in a wad as i hit the send button. I can't delete it myself or I would. I still stand by the fact that most folks upgrade several times in they're camping life. It wouldn't bother me to get personal with my info to sell me something but it may others so like i said delete the post.
Like others, I wouldn't particularly want to be bothered unless I am actually in the market to buy. I do definitely agree with you, though, that most folks are always wanting one a little better than the one they have. That is human nature. Those who have learned to be content with what they have are blessed indeed, but most of us don't fit into that category, lol.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
Like others, I wouldn't particularly want to be bothered unless I am actually in the market to buy. I do definitely agree with you, though, that most folks are always wanting one a little better than the one they have. That is human nature. Those who have learned to be content with what they have are blessed indeed, but most of us don't fit into that category, lol.
Just to play devil's advocate, I can see what he's saying. It's the same idea as internet advertising. Are you impressed that the ad that pops up on your favorite page just happens to be the item you just typed in an email to your DW as a gift idea - or are you creeped out that big brother is reading your email and then trying to sell you stuff?

Tomato, tomato (boy that doesn't translate to typing).

Personally, I was quite annoyed at the Roomba ads on every page I visited - but I can see how someone would be just fine trying to sell them what they were looking for if the price was right.

But what if I got an email saying - hey - we know you want a brand new Class C with quadruple slides, solar panels and bunk beds made from the couch, and interior dump switches, and we'll trade you for your current RV plus $.

Hmmmm....I can see the attractiveness in that. But it'd probably still eek me out.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #46
Graduate Member

But I'd tell my wife of the email - I'd at least run it up the flagpole to see if it'll fly.

But still eeked. Happy with my new camper, but a little bit eeked.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #47

Like lots good professional quality pictures & if have a video hate the rush through that are jumpy (leave the site fast). Like to see specific features.....& layout

Having said that I buy locally at my small dealer !!! 4 employees.... Not found a better price & love the personal service. Only looked on their internet site one time. Its is basic.... Ordered ours from them, they do not keep alot of larger trailers in stock & just 2 fivers. But sell alot of campers.........
I'm old school no smart phone mines pretty dumb. Just makes calls (thats what a phone is for)????? Don't like to be bothered unless I want to be...... Delete most email ads & do not even look at them..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
I fully agree with you about the Country Roads website. They have tons of photos of every unit in stock, inside and out, with all the stats and floorplans. I live near them and bought from them after researching their site. I'm not trying to convince anyone to do business with them, but I wanted to join you in agreeing that theirs is a great example of what a dealer's website should include. Every unit has the MSRP and the actually sale price, which is also helpful.
The only thing I do not like about Country Roads site they use stock photos not necessarliy the unit described.

I'm in Bassett VA, Country Roads in Lexington NC does have a very good web site, their attitude & customer servce is not the best (just my opinion.... were not very customer friendly to us but I will not get into that here). But I used their web site against them as knowing their price I got a much better deal locally (so did my son & his wife).

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #49

While taking all those pictures...try placing a dog,cat or Clydesdale in the picture!
Sorry, still talking SuperBowl and PuppyBowl in our house...
Andi
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #50
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsgone View Post
While taking all those pictures...try placing a dog,cat or Clydesdale in the picture!
Sorry, still talking SuperBowl and PuppyBowl in our house...
Andi
Better yet, Beyoncé
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #51
Canadian Member

Pictures are great but personally I prefer a good video. A complete walk around and walk through showing the features and quality of the brands and models you sell. Many dealers are using Youtube to post walkthroughs of their stock. Most responders want to see the floorplan. I agree the floorplan is critical in narrowing your search for the unit that best fits you. Seeing a salesperson walk through the unit gives me a much better sense of how roomy the floor plan is (or isn't).

I agree with much of what others have said. Post information specifically about each unit in stock and keep it updated.

If you want to stand out as a dealer, show off your dealership including your service centre, your staff and provide lots of testimonials. Show me why I should give you my business. If I get a good feeling about your dealership, I will do some research to see what your reputation is with folks on these forums.

Hopefully you already understand that a great website and making contact with a potential purchaser is only half the work. If you can get the customer to actually contact you, treat them with respect. Follow up quickly. No pressure tactics. Earn a good reputation and word of mouth via forums like these will bring you the potential customers you're looking for.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike101 View Post
I'm wondering. Did you end up buying from Cheyenne?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #53
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Pictures are great but personally I prefer a good video. A complete walk around and walk through showing the features and quality of the brands and models you sell. Many dealers are using Youtube to post walkthroughs of their stock. Most responders want to see the floorplan. I agree the floorplan is critical in narrowing your search for the unit that best fits you. Seeing a salesperson walk through the unit gives me a much better sense of how roomy the floor plan is (or isn't).

I agree with much of what others have said. Post information specifically about each unit in stock and keep it updated.

If you want to stand out as a dealer, show off your dealership including your service centre, your staff and provide lots of testimonials. Show me why I should give you my business. If I get a good feeling about your dealership, I will do some research to see what your reputation is with folks on these forums.

Hopefully you already understand that a great website and making contact with a potential purchaser is only half the work. If you can get the customer to actually contact you, treat them with respect. Follow up quickly. No pressure tactics. Earn a good reputation and word of mouth via forums like these will bring you the potential customers you're looking for.

Thanks for your input! We have testimonials I believe, but haven't had them up. I may reconsider that. I try to put up videos, but it's more just for showing the unit as I only point out basic features.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #54
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
The only thing I do not like about Country Roads site they use stock photos not necessarliy the unit described.

I'm in Bassett VA, Country Roads in Lexington NC does have a very good web site, their attitude & customer servce is not the best (just my opinion.... were not very customer friendly to us but I will not get into that here). But I used their web site against them as knowing their price I got a much better deal locally (so did my son & his wife).

As a dealer that is also a concern. If we put up everything about the coach, people may just use our website for research for buying else where. This isn't a big deal, as I want to be informative, but at the end of the day, we have to make a profit of some sort or we don't stay in business.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #55
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I would not be offended others might but if I was selling
for a dealer i would get personal with people with the equipment that they list on their profile. For example if you looked i have a 2011 FR Berkshire MH. everyone wants to upgrade people in tents ant a popup people in a popup want a trailer ect....I would send a message to them with about what their rig is worth and pick out something a step or to up from what they have and show them how you can get them into it. Don't try it on me though cause I'm broke.
I have to be a bit careful with this, as people don't always want that much personalization. And believe me I can get that personal.

This might freak you out, but I have tracking systems in place on my website and I can tell roughly where you are from, how long you've been on my site, what current page you're looking at, all the pages you have looked at, what browser your using and sometimes what "keyword" you used to get there or what website you came from and what operating system you're using.

Crazy huh?

So using my chat system if you're looking at a Class C Freelander, I can approach you and talk to you about it. But usually when I initiated conversation it doesn't work, so I don't generally do it.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #56
Commercial Member

Okay, most of these things we do to some degree. Here is what I probably learned that we don't really do.

1. Showing Service Policy and Turn Around Time
2. Testimonials
3. Provide Warranty Information
4. Show ACTUAL weight found on RV, not manufacture weight.
5. Provide Manufacture Links for more information.

1. We show pictures. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm still debating this issue in my head on how much is the best and in what order. It can be tedious going through 100 pictures and people will leave if they get bored.
2. Have videos on a lot, though not all.

I know I'm not supposed to advertise our dealer, so I won't. But was wondering if people would be willing to check out our website and give constructive feed back. This in no way is for advertising purposes. If anyone is open to this you could PM me. If not, that's fine I understand the purpose of the forum.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #57

I just quickly browsed your website.. Looks good to me.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #58
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Brandon,

I just looked at your site and I found the toy haulers easy enough. When I clicked on them there is plenty of pictures but no specs.
Specifically, "Coachmen Freedom Express Toy Hauler"
I pull with a 1/2ton truck so weight is important to me and so is the size of the garage. I cant find either on this one.
So, (just for the sake of this conversation) I would keep looking for another site that would give me the information I'm looking for.

I also recomended Cheyenne's site as an example. And Yes, I did buy from them despite the 6-1/2 hour round trip drive to get the camper.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #59
Adventurer

I suggest differentiating yourself by becoming an expert on towing/tow vehicle set ups, e.g. Hitch types, tongue weights, weight ratings,etc. How to videos, concern shown over properly configuring hitches, etc, would increase credibility and reflect that you are not just trying to sell the biggest ridges you can regardless of the buyers TV. It ties into customer service. If you are concerned about the towing details, I would be inclined to think that your service department also is quality/safety focused.

If you provide a comment option or electronic inquiry option, take a tip from the moderators on this site and how they respond to posts in the welcome section. Monitor comments and respond quickly. I have walked away from car and RV dealers because my email inquiries were not responded to.

Test all links and functions on your site frequently. There's no excuse to have dead links or pages being unavailable.

Ensure you have a secure web storefront and enable auto pay functions if you offer on site storage. Allow electronic bill pay for repairs/service so customers can pick up their rigs after hours.

Thanks for asking.
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjesparza1988 View Post
As a dealer that is also a concern. If we put up everything about the coach, people may just use our website for research for buying else where. This isn't a big deal, as I want to be informative, but at the end of the day, we have to make a profit of some sort or we don't stay in business.
Branden, I also like LOTS of Pics.but Open & Closed.So many people buy a unit then say (We cant get to or use the,Refer.,Bathroom,bedroom,Ect.) without running out the slides! If it is a (Seasonal unit the needs are a lot diffrent than a Traveling unit). I research on the Net but I have to Physically spend time in a Unit before we buy/order it. Good luck on your endeavor to supply Net Info on your site,but I still have to (Kick the Tires)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, website