Old 11-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I agree, but apparently the dealers keep putting up with it and some are much better at dealing with it than others. Some manufacturers are much better at the QC if not perfect, than others, and to take that further some divisions under the same corporate umbrella are much better than others. The proof of that is in this forum.

I know of two dealers who just walked out on manufacturers / brands. I won't mention the names because one is a FR brand. Became tired of dealing with the BS, initial quality, and warranty issues not being approved or paid for timely.
Agree but have not seen any that could be rated as perfect. some better but still it's get em out the door andmake money and deal with any backlash later

Old 11-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Differences – today, I needed information regarding the location of a low point drain for a 2014 Winnebago Class C, went to their website and printed off a complete 7 page plumbing diagram for my specific coach ( all diagrams and parts available on-line, all models back to 1975). I still had a question and called the factory, call answered by a dedicated tech., who answered my question immediately.
There are many who claim that all manufactures have issues, not my experience with this one as I have never had it to the shop for anything. It is also easy to see very quickly just much better built it is than the 3 Forest River products I had prior to it.

This is probably why they have been in business since 1958.

When I replace my Forest River seasonal fiver someday, I will be looking hard at “other” manufactures.
being a rv tech for a nation wide company winniebago is the worst for warranty when it comes to paying the people who fix the stuff . you'd be surprised at how many winniebagos come from the factory that need to be redone by the dealers

Old 11-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Agree but have not seen any that could be rated as perfect. some better but still it's get em out the door andmake money and deal with any backlash later
Yep but it comes with the territory. If you want an RV you have to weigh the good against the bad. You could always go back to a tent? My recent experience has been,

2010 Palomino Y 4124 popup, never went back for a warranty item. I fixed a load of stuff myself though. Palomino was great, They would send me parts no questions asked.
2011 Aerolite 185E Hybrid, the only thing I took it back for was a small water leak at the spin on fitting for the tank drain. Aerolite, or the dealer, decided epoxy patch was the way to go which I knew was only temporary. I plastic welded it myself after the fact. Other than that it was a fairly solid camper.
2013 Keystone Passport 235EXP Hybrid. Never returned it for anything. Never really had an issue with anything. But when you had a question forget calling or emailing Keystone, they sucked in that regard.
2016 Rockwood Roo 23WS. We'll see whats in store when it gets here. I based my purchase on 3 friends with newer Rockwoods and looking at in stock units and others at campgrounds along with talking with lots of owners.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #254

I have competed my first year with my Solera 24
_R. Forest River represented by Travis Logan has served me well. I would buy it all over again.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:02 AM   #255

Quote:
Yep but it comes with the territory. If you want an RV you have to weigh the good against the bad. You could always go back to a tent? My recent experience has been,

2010 Palomino Y 4124 popup, never went back for a warranty item. I fixed a load of stuff myself though. Palomino was great, They would send me parts no questions asked.
2011 Aerolite 185E Hybrid, the only thing I took it back for was a small water leak at the spin on fitting for the tank drain. Aerolite, or the dealer, decided epoxy patch was the way to go which I knew was only temporary. I plastic welded it myself after the fact. Other than that it was a fairly solid camper.
2013 Keystone Passport 235EXP Hybrid. Never returned it for anything. Never really had an issue with anything. But when you had a question forget calling or emailing Keystone, they sucked in that regard.
2016 Rockwood Roo 23WS. We'll see whats in store when it gets here. I based my purchase on 3 friends with newer Rockwoods and looking at in stock units and others at campgrounds along with talking with lots of owners.
The Rockwood/Flagstaff line is pretty good for the buck, Been on this forum awhile and is probably the least complained about units. You made a good choice going with a Rockwood, just my opinion of course...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
being a rv tech for a nation wide company winniebago is the worst for warranty when it comes to paying the people who fix the stuff . you'd be surprised at how many winniebagos come from the factory that need to be redone by the dealers
Igray may be comparing Apples to Oranges.

Winnebago Motorhomes are not Winnebago towables. Winnebago support from the Motorhome divisions in Iowa may not be the same as Winnebago towable support in Middlebury IN. I have looked at the Winnebago towables both when considering one for us, and when a good friend told me he had looked at them and thought they were the best quality out there. I have not seen it. They use the same cabinetry, LCI frames, Chinese tires, other components, and construction methods as everyone else. The workmanship is no better from what we have seen, and in a few cases were pretty bad in certain units. I had two different salesman attempt to beat in my head how great and better than everyone else the colored fiberglass is. I guess its structurally stronger when its orange or bright yellow? I kept asking how its better. I never received a solid answer. Those silly salesmen

Simply slapping "Winnebago" on the side of the Sunnybrook factory does not give you an instant higher than everyone in quality trailer.

A local dealer here sold Sunnybrook back in the 2000's. I am pretty sure they were the low end brand on his lot?
Old 11-21-2015, 06:17 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
The Rockwood/Flagstaff line is pretty good for the buck, Been on this forum awhile and is probably the least complained about units. You made a good choice going with a Rockwood, just my opinion of course...
I did notice that, and not only on this forum but a couple of others. A friend who had a 6 yr old Roo 23SS, and was the second owner, had both bunk doors replaced gratis 5 years after the warranty was over to the the original owner. All he had to do was get it to Millersburg. Another friend took his to Millersburg right before the warranty was over and had a list of things done. He was so happy while there I thought he wanted to stay I have not found many negative things about dealing with the factory warranty people. My only concern is there appears to still be bunk door leak issues on a hit and miss basis. As far as that go's this will be our 3rd hybrid and I have sort of became an expert at bunk doors and seals.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #258
Casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqdawg87 View Post
Got back from vacation from 4 corners region, and contacted dealer where I purchased my Berkshire. I had so many issues with the unit on the road, I am here to say that my unit had too many issues to list here, but they referred me to Mitch Wirt at the factory to get an appointment to get repaired as some is major problems the dealer is unable to fix. Received email from Mitch today saying they are booked into February at this time. So I have a unit that I cannot use and making payments on that I have had for a month total. It was back to Elkhart dealer for bit over 2 months getting other repairs done. Sad to say, Quality is a thing of the past. Dinette slide when retracting went into the ceiling in the front and major damage happened. Just a sad buyers remorse now.
I have a 2015 Georgetown 328TS and it has had 72 warranty items so far. Been in shop going on 4 months and still is broke.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #259

Quote:
Igray may be comparing Apples to Oranges.

Winnebago Motorhomes are not Winnebago towables. Winnebago support from the Motorhome divisions in Iowa may not be the same as Winnebago towable support in Middlebury IN. I have looked at the Winnebago towables both when considering one for us, and when a good friend told me he had looked at them and thought they were the best quality out there. I have not seen it. They use the same cabinetry, LCI frames, Chinese tires, other components, and construction methods as everyone else. The workmanship is no better from what we have seen, and in a few cases were pretty bad in certain units. I had two different salesman attempt to beat in my head how great and better than everyone else the colored fiberglass is. I guess its structurally stronger when its orange or bright yellow? I kept asking how its better. I never received a solid answer. Those silly salesmen

Simply slapping "Winnebago" on the side of the Sunnybrook factory does not give you an instant higher than everyone in quality trailer.

A local dealer here sold Sunnybrook back in the 2000's. I am pretty sure they were the low end brand on his lot?
Agreed. The acquisition will take some time for the quality to show in the lower end towables...former Sunnybrook. I really would like to see, in-person the Destination fiver line.

Related to the post on service, I cannot comment as I have never needed service. However, I am sure that Winnebago would prefer that you have factory service with one of their authorized service centers...as they have much tighter controls on who is authorized to represent their company and brand.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqdawg87 View Post
Got back from vacation from 4 corners region, and contacted dealer where I purchased my Berkshire. I had so many issues with the unit on the road, I am here to say that my unit had too many issues to list here, but they referred me to Mitch Wirt at the factory to get an appointment to get repaired as some is major problems the dealer is unable to fix. Received email from Mitch today saying they are booked into February at this time. So I have a unit that I cannot use and making payments on that I have had for a month total. It was back to Elkhart dealer for bit over 2 months getting other repairs done. Sad to say, Quality is a thing of the past. Dinette slide when retracting went into the ceiling in the front and major damage happened. Just a sad buyers remorse now.
OMG. What a complete Nightmare.
Except this is no dream, we do feel your pain.
With all the silly lawsuits of today's world, you would think you could have some recourse on your situation legally. I know it shouldn't ever need to get to that, but what else can be done to get these things built safely and with better quality.
It's not right.

Tags
quality