Old 12-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
There is a small service center that I use instead of a dealer. Countryside Service Center in Ringgold Va. They will build you any trailer that you want from the frame up. Not cheap but you will not have the problems we all have. I take mine there when needed, there rate of 70.00 dollars per hr beats RVOUTLET down the road at 90.00 per hour. RV is a FR dealer and can't repair anything. There are options out there that are not mass produced.
Thanks I'll have to check them out. Having 5 trailers something always happens I like Econo RV in Bassett for light work but with one mechanic they have their limitations. The sales guys double as mechanics when needed their labor rate is $65 but they can not do welding........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #272
Ambassador

RVOutlet is pretty awesome in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
There is a small service center that I use instead of a dealer. Countryside Service Center in Ringgold Va. They will build you any trailer that you want from the frame up. Not cheap but you will not have the problems we all have. I take mine there when needed, there rate of 70.00 dollars per hr beats RVOUTLET down the road at 90.00 per hour. RV is a FR dealer and can't repair anything. There are options out there that are not mass produced.
I have dealt with these guys for years. I find that they do not dottle around they have always done the work as asked, and I have never had to go back to get them to look at the same problem twice. In other words they don't half ass things. You show up for your appointment, they work, you go home happy. Cheaper isn't always better.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #273

$70 at one place not the same as $70 at the next place. As you say they work and you get $70 worth of work. That's good. Next place will pull your tech and have him do something else but keep your clock running.

Good to hear of someone doing good work.

Russell
Old 12-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
I think RVs have come a long way in past years, there are many high end manufacturers, they may not have flocked to the RV mecca that the Tarrant County RV show is these days. Shows like this only reflect dealers in your area most likely. Why don't you go to one of the national expositions, or look at the inventory at a nation leader in RVs like Lazy Days RV. At the end of the day I guess the market demands aren't high enough to deem the quality you're looking for in an RV. If you can afford to live full time in an RV and endure travel costs, surely you can afford to drop some serious cash on the vehicle in which you're going to be spending your time in. I guess what I'm really saying is that you can't expect something for nothing. But if you do find a company putting imported Italian marble in pushers and trailers and selling them for the same price as a Coleman 30 ft trailer please let us know...
I do believe you're putting words and thoughts into my posts that are not there. I don't live in my RV. I can afford about anything I want, but I don't want to buy an RV with all the expensive stuff in it that will be ruined when it leaks and the floor rots out of it. I wouldn't want Italian marble. Formica is fine for my trailer. A good quality vinyl is great instead of leather. What I'm looking for is Formica and vinyl that's actually installed properly... nothing more. I'm looking for materials and workmanship that are up to the environment they'll be exposed to... i.e. being hauled down the road and set out in an RV park in the sun, wind, and rain... without falling apart, or looking like it's 15 years old when it's only 2. Perhaps you should read the entire thread before posting such remarks. $35,000- for a trailer that spends half it's warranty period at the dealer waiting for parts and coming back in worse shape than it when it was delivered... Really??? You up for that? Sorry... not me.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
I have dealt with these guys for years. I find that they do not dottle around they have always done the work as asked, and I have never had to go back to get them to look at the same problem twice. In other words they don't half ass things. You show up for your appointment, they work, you go home happy. Cheaper isn't always better.
Well I guess you have better luck with there service dept then I did. I like BJ the service manager but when I complained about a roof repair he told me if I didn't like there service to find another dealer. I got a hold of FR and complained, they made my repair themselves (FR) put a new roof on the slide the work was so bad, then I got a letter of apology from them, only because FR got a hold of them and told them how bad the repair was and they had to redo it. I bought 3 units from them but never again.... When a technician has to read the instructions to install JT's on my 90.00 per hr. It's a pure joke. Trust me this cheaper is 100% better then there non trained don't care employees. I'm not trying to bash a dealer just stating the facts are different then yours. I don't have the picture anymore to show you how they destroyed my roof, but there is a thread on it with pictures I think it was sirius radio antenna repair or something in those lines.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Thanks I'll have to check them out. Having 5 trailers something always happens I like Econo RV in Bassett for light work but with one mechanic they have their limitations. The sales guys double as mechanics when needed their labor rate is $65 but they can not do welding........

These guy's can weld anything, besides working on RV's from the frame up they also repair all farm equipment. and also all heavy duty dump trucks and anything else. They are great, will never use a dealer again. LCI sent them a ram to replace for me also Cequent sent a revolution to them for my unit to replace bad parts, and paid them even through they are not dealers. That should tell some people something. They had both parts within 10 day's Why can't a dealer do that?....Try them and ask for Kevin and tell them Glenn sent you....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #277

Well, I went to the "RV Mecca"... er... The Tarrant County RV Show this weekend. Because I am in the market for a TT that's all I looked at. Same brands and same junk... for the most part. I couldn't believe some of the dealers displayed some of the TTs with so much wrong with them... I did make a couple of determinations, though. Jayco's White Hawk seems as nice and as well built as their Eagle line, for a bit less cash. I'm not as enamored with Winnebago's Ultra Lite line as I was. I'm not as enamored with Grand Design's Reflection line anymore, either. So... if the stock market continues it's downward spiral, I'll probably keep what I have for a while longer. Nothing blew my hair back, at all...
Old 01-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Well, I went to the "RV Mecca"... er... The Tarrant County RV Show this weekend. Because I am in the market for a TT that's all I looked at. Same brands and same junk... for the most part. I couldn't believe some of the dealers displayed some of the TTs with so much wrong with them... I did make a couple of determinations, though. Jayco's White Hawk seems as nice and as well built as their Eagle line, for a bit less cash. I'm not as enamored with Winnebago's Ultra Lite line as I was. I'm not as enamored with Grand Design's Reflection line anymore, either. So... if the stock market continues it's downward spiral, I'll probably keep what I have for a while longer. Nothing blew my hair back, at all...

Wait for the price drops. Cash will be king for getting great deals.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #279

Well, I thought the build quality was bad... trying to get service is ridiculous. I spoke to 3 FR Surveyor dealers this morning, and not one would give me an estimate for the damages from having my TT broken into. The front door and frame will need to be replaced, along with some graphics and the lock unit. I got the distinct impression that they just didn't want to bother with it... So... as I said to one of them... This kind of blows them out of the water when it comes time to trade up. I spoke to an independent repair facility and got a ball-park estimate in 4 minutes, based on the last few that he had to do. How hard is that? I would rather be told that they just don't want to deal with it.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #280

Well, I called the dealer I bought this unit from, and what a difference... Dealers aren't all bad. I just wish I wasn't 7 hours away from Bison RV in Clovis, NM.

Tags
quality