Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Infractee

SouthWest RV Supershow Dallas TX Sept 16-19

Anybody going?
I will be there this weekend, hoping to see the latest and greatest stuff in the biz. Hopefully some deals to be had.

Southwest RV Supershow 2010 | Dallas Market Hall | Sep 16-19
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #2

Since I'm in the market that is tempting. About a 3 or 4 hour drive though. But my wife is working this weekend and I've got most of my chores caught up. Who knows? Maybe!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Infractee

Hey Grhodes!

I know you have been looking at those lacrosse units, i was at mcclains rv in fort worth yesterday and they had some of those tracers and lacrosse units there, did not go in but they looked nice from the outside. Isnt there a mcclains up in ok city?
I personally would not buy anything from that viper pit but they do have a lot to look at.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #4

Yeah there is a McClains. I stopped in there a few years ago and haven't been back.

I've been talking to Leisure Time RV in OKC. They claim to be OK's #1 dealer. Seem friendly and low pressure. The floorplan we are interested in didn't come in last week and they now say it should be in by the 25th. They have some upgrades that are suppose to be free according to a Prime Time promotion going on through Oct. 31. Dealer said sometimes a manufacturer will make the dealership pay for part of the promotion, which in turn they want to pass that cost on to me.

I was previously told the deal we have made will stay on the table and when it comes in and we look at it, we could decide then. I'm not going for any price increase, so things are a little "ify" right now. They are suppose to let me know any day if there is a price increase. I've already told them I won't buy the trailer if there is.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Infractee

Any headway with your dealer on that Lacrosse?
I was checking out their specifics on their website and it looks pretty nice, I especially like the "docking station" feature and the slam latches. Both really nice little features that any rv manuf could do and I would pay for.

I will check them out even closer this weekend!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #6

They tell me it will be in by the 25th. It's the 303 RKS. If you check their web site again, look at their Eternabond Construction. That's what impresses me the most about these trailers. Also check out the free upgrades. The one coming in is suppose to have the upgrades and should be at no extra cost to me.

I do like the two features you mentioned plus the Keyless Entry. Another nice feature is the slideouts are larger which gives you more room inside.

Post back after the show. I will be interested in your opinion, good or bad.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Infractee

I read the whole eternabond story, very impressive, I especially like the galvanized sheet sandwiched in the foam and wood aluminum framed wall. Seems to be a very solidly constructed setup.
I do like the giant slide! I really like the "do more dinette" idea as well

The $3800 free upgrades is a nice deal, I mean if you are going to buy it anyway you might as well get those while your at it....
You just want to make sure that they are not making that up on the back end of the deal! hehe

I found out yesterday that the shop steward in my dept bought a Flagstaff last year and eventually had to lemon law it due to so many problems and forest river bought it back from him....it was a 5W model I believe.

I just found out that I will be going stag to the RV show on Saturday...(I love small miracles!) So I will have plenty of time to look in depth at all of the RV's including the Prime Time models on display without having to hear "lets go" or this classic "how many times are you going to look at this one" or this golden oldie "dont you already have one of these?" I love me HW dearly but she gets bored quick when I start doing comparisons and analyzing.....