Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #1

The Clean-Up After 2-6-10 & 2-10-10 Snowfall

Pic#1- Is the side walk
Pic#2- Is a 2,000 gal pond
Pic#3- Is the inground pool
The only thing I am waiting for is the County to come and plow the roads. With no place to go with the snow, I was not able to clear and open the whole driveway. The driveway is 46' from one side to the other and as you view the pic you can see the wall of snow next to the pick-up, this is where I had to stop, the driveway is another 20' or so to the retainer wall. I am glad it is over and I don't want to see any more of It.
I have been out of work for a week now because the Museum has been closed and I can't wait to get back to work for some R&R.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2668.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2166   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2677.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	2167   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2676.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	2168   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2669.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	2169   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2670.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	2170  

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #2

is your pool drained or is that cover pulling in?
we got 10" or more since last night it was terrible
Old 02-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
is your pool drained or is that cover pulling in?
we got 10" or more since last night it was terrible
No cover at all. After the 3rd year of having the pool installed I had nothing buy problems with the cover holding water and every thing else that collects over the Winter. With the way it is now I can have it clean up in about a week. The pool is Winterized with minimum water removed, as the water collects in the pool over the Winter I do not have to put water in the pool from my well.
Believe me, I fell your pain with 10"+ of snow, I hurt all over.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #4

Where were the pictures taken ?
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
Where were the pictures taken ?
Rocwood06 is located in Westminster Md, which is Carroll County.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #6

no more bragging about snow out here is in the west!! Our ski resorts must be jealous! hope it all melts out there in time 4 camping season
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #7

Hey, Rockwood- Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm up here in PA, about 50 miles NE of Phila. News said last nite there is a local company that does long range weather forecasting for stores like Walmart & Kmart. They are predicting 1 more major snow storm in Feb., one major snow storm in Mar. And on top of that they say a wet and cool spring ! Weather should improve by JULY 10!!!!!!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mike View Post
Hey, Rockwood- Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm up here in PA, about 50 miles NE of Philly. News said last nite there is a local company that does long range weather forecasting for stores like Walmart & Kmart. They are predicting 1 more major snow storm in Feb., one major snow storm in Mar. And on top of that they say a wet and cool spring ! Weather should improve by JULY 10!!!!!!
I heard yesterday that there is a prediction of 4 more major Mid-Atlantic snow storms for our area before Spring....Bring it on. Our local weather is showing snow for next week sometime, we shall see what Mother nature will bring.
On the way home yesterday from work I saw a very hot commodity laying on the side of the road..."a snow shovel" that someone lost out of there vehicle.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #9

Hey Mighty Mike we too are in Pa, south of Pittsburgh, and have bunches of snow here also... Most of us here are just getting power back on, after being out for a 7 day stretch,,,thank goodness for our camping skills,,,,
Kids will be going to school forever to try and catch up, grandson is so worried that it will cut into camp time...listening to the news this morning, they are calling for another one to hit on monday with a guess of 5 inches or more,,I am with you Rockwood, bring it on,, I love it,,, Hope all of you stay safe and warm,, and most of all Think Spring
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #10

Yeah-this snow doesn't bug me either. Wife just doesn't like the cold. Were considering moving south, but just had our 4th grandchild born on 2/17. No way the wife is moving away from those BABIES!!!! 2 2year olds, one 4 mo. and a newborn. Guess I'll be shoveling snow for years to come!!! Still is frustrating every time I go out the side door and see all of that snow on top of the camper though.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Yeah-this snow doesn't bug me either. Wife just doesn't like the cold. Were considering moving south, but just had our 4th grandchild born on 2/17. No way the wife is moving away from those BABIES!!!! 2 2year olds, one 4 mo. and a newborn. Guess I'll be shoveling snow for years to come!!! Still is frustrating every time I go out the side door and see all of that snow on top of the camper though.
Congrats for the new grandbaby. My wife has always talked about full timing once we retire but I'm betting we wouldn't be far from our granddaughter. Full timing in our daughter's driveway? As for the snow I got out a ladder yesterday and climbed up on the motorhome. It was fairly warm, 40 degrees yesterday, so I was able to get all the snow off of the roof. It was quite a bit of work but it sure looks great now.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #12

I can truly relate to all of it, we had big plans to travel with hubbys job once we were empty nested, and lo and behold, here comes grandbaby,,hubby has worked local every since...we said,,,MAYBE, once the grandson gets a bit older and more on his own, we will again, attempt to try to travel.. Yeah,,,I know,,probably more likely that it wont happen,,but thats ok too... They are the best....
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #13
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Wow, we don't have nearly that much snow here in Buffalo. It has been a pretty quiet winter here for us. Sorry to see that you guys are still buried.
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #14

The report from the weather station said that we had more snow this year then Buffalo and that's kinda backwards, so far we have a about 80" for the year and it's not over yet.....It really needs to stay up there, we can't handle it, people here go nuts an in Baltimore City there equipment keeps breaking down. I am near the PA line and they do a reasonable job for the amount of snow we have had.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I've driven up I-83 from Baltimore during a snow storm and they really weren't equipped to handle any appreciable amount of snow. With us, if it's less than two feet we just call it flurries and tend to ignore it. All of us have blowers and plows to handle the winter, but down in your neck of the woods the number of heavy snow removal rigs are pretty slim. Our attitude here is that eventually it does melt. A real concern in your area is the weight of the snow on roofs. As much warmer as you are there compared to here I would be concerned about the weight of that much wet snow.
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I've driven up I-83 from Baltimore during a snow storm and they really weren't equipped to handle any appreciable amount of snow. With us, if it's less than two feet we just call it flurries and tend to ignore it. All of us have blowers and plows to handle the winter, but down in your neck of the woods the number of heavy snow removal rigs are pretty slim. Our attitude here is that eventually it does melt. A real concern in your area is the weight of the snow on roofs. As much warmer as you are there compared to here I would be concerned about the weight of that much wet snow.
Roofs can be a problem, I have a 5/12 pitch on my house and keeped an eye on it, there are some houses here that have an 8/12 pitch which is better for a heavier snow loads. During the two big snow stroms there were two Fire Departments where the roofs fell in and caused fires due to the gas lines in the ceilings, one fire department lost a bran new fire engine and that was in the city and the other fire department which is in the same county as I, they were lucky they were out on a call with all of there equipment when there roof fell in. Your right It is a mess here.