Old 12-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #71

I will pay for whatever rally's I decide to attend, but I will not pay to be part of an organization without getting extremely good value back for my dollar. The cost of our hobby is high enough that I'm not adding to it without being sure it's worth it to the community as a whole. I joined FROG because a)it's free, b)minimal BS, and c)it seems like a great way to meet like minded people. I committed to one rally because it looks like fun, I've ignored others because they aren't my thing, or are too far away.

For me, if a org was put together that was primarily advocating against messed up legislation that will negatively affecting my hobby, I would join, and most likely donate extra to fund that...but camping isn't being harassed into extinction by government in Canada, so it's a non-issue. I'd rather spend the money on my hobby, making my trips more comfortable, convincing friends/family to go with me on my dime, to get more people out enjoying nature.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #72

The rode side assistance looks like a pretty good deal to me, I have Coach-Net but it doesn’t hurt to have two, I had Good Sam until I wasn’t wanted anymore.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Comments in red

But how is this any different than the "Clubs" within FROG? With my current rig can I join the Cardinal Club? Or the RPOD Club? No...in a word.

Just to be clear, the clubs you mentioned are not "within" FROG. They are their own entities, totally separate/outside of FROG. As per FROG's webpage:

Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

The Forest River Owners' Group, or FROG, is made up of over 50,000 Forest River and affiliated brand RV owners from all across the United States and Canada, dedicated to having fun and enjoying their own RV lifestyle. There is just one requirement to join FROG; own a Forest River product. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up and start taking trips with thousands of your closest friends, today!
I know they, and others, are grandfathered "Clubs" that per-existed FROG. However they are contained within the FROG umbrella at any event which is a FROG Rally. How they act at an independent "Club" Rally is indeed their own issue.

Quote:
There is just one requirement to join FROG; own a Forest River product.
And now there is just one requirement to join the FMCA....own a RV...of any brand.

Quote:
This could true about some people's attitudes, but again if there are outside club members attending FROG events with any kind of possible attitude, they are representative of their own separate club and not FROG.
Agreed...to a point. Assuming I accepted your position that the club member are outside of FROG...which I don't think they are...FROG is still responsible for their "guests". And FWIW some of the worst offenders at Goshen we've seen don't have a separate "brand" club. But in any case a few jerks do not represent an entire organization to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Since this is about "Benefits" the Big one is FROG is FREE to join,FROG has the Lowest charge for it's International Rally of Any Club/Organization,FROG "Pay To Play Tours" are the Best Value,Hands Down! Has "FMCA" ever repaired/fixed Anything",at their Big Rally-For FREE? Hey it's hard for FROG's to Jump from a Pond to a Pool Youroo!!
I see it as Apples and Oranges. FMCA compares to Good Sam, not FROG, as far as available benefits. While FROG offers a great club but it does not have a benefits package comparable to either GS or FMCA. In our case we're in FROG for the fun and enjoyment and the FMCA for the benefits. And I don't see why anyone would feel required to leave FROG if they joined the FMCA...I'm in both...and GS as well , at least until my membership in it expires.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #74
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

And now there is just one requirement to join the FMCA....own a RV...of any brand.

And $60 a year...

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
And $60 a year...

Tim
True but that includes FMCAssist medical evacuation insurance. The equivalent GS coverage is $69.95 a year plus your annual GS dues. The annual cost listed on the SkyMed site, as linked on the FROG Benefits page is:

Individual Price
- $299.00
Family Price - $499.00
App Fee - 75.00

I didn't bother to call for the FROG discount...

The math says I'll be staying with FMCA just for that one benefit...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #76
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
True but that includes FMCAssist medical evacuation insurance. The equivalent GS coverage is $69.95 a year plus your annual GS dues. The annual cost listed on the SkyMed site, as linked on the FROG Benefits page is:

Individual Price
- $299.00
Family Price - $499.00
App Fee - 75.00

I didn't bother to call for the FROG discount...

The math says I'll be staying with FMCA just for that one benefit...
Well, if you see a benefit of Joining the FMCA, then by all means go for it.

Just realize that for a variety of reasons, its not for everyone.

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #77
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasmailman View Post
I am a life member of the VFW. I went to Vietnam. Never heard such a stupid thing as Vietnam not qualifying. Majority of members are Vietnam vets. Stay away from that post or maybe notify national of you being refused as a Vietnam vet. But I still wouldn’t join that post lol.
Not only the post but the national headquarters made the final decision that one can not be in the VFW if you did not spend time on the soil where the war was then your not eligible. Guess had I not decided to transfer to a local post then I would still be in the VFW. At least I got back current year dues back far cry after paying for so may years. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote