Old 07-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #151
GM

There are several issues with this site.
1. We don't own it. it is a 3rd party company and we have zero control over what they do or how they do it. There is probably some fear of the unknown, what liability would we face, etc"
2. As a non-Forest River site, I think some people just don't know about it.
3. If we make it policy to monitor the site, I wonder if NHSTA would consider it a FR resource and require reporting on every single defect shown. And...if one did get missed, what kind of fine do they levy for lack of institutional control (to borrow an NCAA term).
4. Sometimes, and I know this is hard to believe. Customers can have unreasonable expectations.
5. where do you draw the line? Why this forum and not some of the others?

In the end...I'm more of an "ask for forgiveness" not "permission" type of guy and the way to handle unreasonable expectations if to put them in the full light of day and respond with facts. I can't argue with "feelings", but if you post all the facts, let the crowd judge and that seems to work pretty good. I'd rather present both sides of the situation than to let someone post "their" version unchecked (which can sometimes be filled with assumptions and interpretations)

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #152
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Another point.

This is a very interesting thread and I'm enjoying it.

But.......if this is a Death Spiral, I guess I'm a Lemming at the precipice. I'm not alone either. At this very moment in time, there are 3 new threads with "Hi, I'm new from Texas/Indiana/Ohio". 3 a minute.

If it's a death spiral (and it may be), there's a ton of folks going down, down, down, this ring of fire..................

Edit: FOUR. Soon as I hit enter, Georgia newbie showed up. LOL
Well said, also sub-consciously read it in the voice of Johnny Cash. Imagine that.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 07-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #153

Wonderful points.

But if you owned it, your participation would forever be suspect. It's ONLY a 3rd party owned site that would work for you to participate in.

I think you're crawfishing a little (LOL) on 2 and 3.

#4 is true.......for everyone but me.

#5 is meaningless. Don't draw a line. Just pick the biggest and baddest and onliest that comes close to representing the customer base, and jump in.

Man, I'm good at solving YOUR problems, huh? LOL

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
There are several issues with this site.
1. We don't own it. it is a 3rd party company and we have zero control over what they do or how they do it. There is probably some fear of the unknown, what liability would we face, etc"
2. As a non-Forest River site, I think some people just don't know about it.
3. If we make it policy to monitor the site, I wonder if NHSTA would consider it a FR resource and require reporting on every single defect shown. And...if one did get missed, what kind of fine do they levy for lack of institutional control (to borrow an NCAA term).
4. Sometimes, and I know this is hard to believe. Customers can have unreasonable expectations.
5. where do you draw the line? Why this forum and not some of the others?
Hmmmm... thought provoking. Thanks for this thoughtful insight -- these were some issues / considerations that had never occurred to me.

One tiny rejoinder to point 5 though: Good Sam/ IRV2/ Escapees/ FMCA/MHRIG/ et al are not specifically dedicated to one RV Brand like the FRF is.

Still, I can see the reason why FR is not more active on the FRF - however I do believe it would do wonders to bolster FR's image.

Imagine the good will that would have been generated if a FR3 rep had answered the OP in the thread mentioned by KatanaPilot earlier today.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #155
GM

Lol...absolutely. All concede all your points except with #3 (and I'll have to assume what crawfishing means using context). NHSTA has come on strong, front and center with new fine numbers. As part of our "information collection" agreement, there is a $30 million dollar deferred fine hanging out there. It's the government...sometimes you don't even know what you're supposed to be doing until they tell you you're not doing it right.

Everyone is running scared right now...obviously all the automotive groups are the ones in the media, but its everybody.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #156

BC (my initials too), think Charles Durning in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"........and his song.

And I'm just playin' wid ya.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
<SNIP>
(and I'll have to assume what crawfishing means using context).
<SNIP>
Crawfishing: Backing out of a commitment or situation, especially when it doesn't go the way you expected it to.

It's a Southern Say'n...y'all wouldn't understand
Old 07-22-2016, 10:13 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
And SW GA and Vermont.

I only have 9 toes man................
LOL BTW, Vermont just posted a "Hi New 5er" post

Man they are buying RVs faster than rabbits mate

Death Spiral? Um, if you say so
Old 07-22-2016, 10:13 AM   #159
GM

No worries, got the gist of it. Its a term I'll be sure to adopt.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #160

You are a full time RV'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Speaking of replacing faulty components, take a look at the annual FROG Rally in August. For the price of admission you are offered free maintenance on your RV in addition to all the meals, ice cream socials, seminars, tours, plant visits and the opportunity to chat with the big guy himself, Pete Ligel.
Which probably means you are retired and have the time to drive anywhere anytime you want. It sounds like you plan and look forward to going to the FROG fests. I have neither the time nor the inclination to do that.

Many of us are not full time. The RV campground is not our destination. The National Park is. The campground is merely a place to park and setup our RV so we can go hiking, exploring, etc. The RV is our hotel on wheels.

A failure to you is merely an inconvenience - to others like me it can ruin the trip. Sounds like the OP in the post "A cry for help" was not a full-timer - he had multiple failures of his RV on his trip a long way from home. So it's not acceptable in my book to have so many issues on such a new MH.

The "bring it back to the factory" isn't a valid solution. This reminds of an old saying from a former defense contractor I used to work for - "We never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it over".

Tags
dealer, service