Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 AM   #1

UHH-OHHH!! Another Nor'easter!!!

O.K, Rockwood, now it looks like I'm getting ALL of your snow!!! What the heh?? Saw the weather last nite- 10 to maybe 20" this time, YIKES!!! All gonna depend on the track. When will I ever get the camper out of the snow bank????
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Where are you located Mike? It looks like we're going to get somewhere around 3"-5". After the 2 previous storms this will not be too hard to deal with, but if it tracks differently who knows. I was really starting to see a little grass by my walkway.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Where are you located Mike? It looks like we're going to get somewhere around 3"-5". After the 2 previous storms this will not be too hard to deal with, but if it tracks differently who knows. I was really starting to see a little grass by my walkway.
Ain't grass exciting to see!!! I can see maybe 5% of my yard now.

I would rather mow grass than shovel snow anytime.

We area expected to get about an inch out of this next storm. Good luck to all in the storm's path.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #4

I just check the weather report from the National Weather Service and we have a Winter Weather Advisory for our County, this means we could see 5" or more, I don't what any more. I had posted a pic when we got the first big storm of icicles hanging in front of our bedroom window which of course was attached to a 40' gutter on the side of the house....Well I don't have to worry about that now, when I returned home two days ago from work I heard a big bang, I looked out the window and found that the gutter had fell off of the house and the gutter was full of ice almost the entire length. I was lucky there was no other damage to the side of the house. I hope no one else has had any damage from these record breaking storms. I did read about one other member that did have damage to his class "A" and I am glad things work out with his insurance company, I sorry to hear that.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
I'm about 50 miles NE of Philly. Weather reports come from Lehigh Valley. Now they're saying 12-18. Supposed to start tonite around midnite, snow until Friday. Can relate to rockwood's isicles. Had huge ones hanging off right next to the sidewalk. Wife was getting worried about kids walking in there, so she smacked em all down with snowballs!!! Wish I would have been awake to see that!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I'm about 50 miles NE of Philly. Weather reports come from Lehigh Valley. Now they're saying 12-18. Supposed to start tonite around midnite, snow until Friday. Can relate to rockwood's isicles. Had huge ones hanging off right next to the sidewalk. Wife was getting worried about kids walking in there, so she smacked em all down with snowballs!!! Wish I would have been awake to see that!!!!
They're calling for 1"-3" tonight and more tomorrow between 5"-8" in some areas. If it stalls it will most likely be worse. Be safe, I'll try to remember this when it's 95 and humid in July.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #7

well, had to work some OT today, so I didn't get home until 10:15. Started on the driveway, and finished around 1. Woke up tonite, and wife has the weather on, and they say another winter storm for Wed!!!!! Man, I'm not gona get that camper out until JUNE!!!!! At least this last one wasn't as bad as they thought, although the 30 MPH winds weren't a lot of fun.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
well, had to work some OT today, so I didn't get home until 10:15. Started on the driveway, and finished around 1. Woke up tonite, and wife has the weather on, and they say another winter storm for Wed!!!!! Man, I'm not gona get that camper out until JUNE!!!!! At least this last one wasn't as bad as they thought, although the 30 MPH winds weren't a lot of fun.
I fell for ya, It's nothing like working all day + ot then having to shovel. The storm went above us this time but we had real bad winds up to 50 mph. This morning when I look out side we had a dusting and it looks like the sky may clear.
My daugther attends college in Williamsport PA and she is on her way down this morning to play her first Lacrosse game three miles from home, so you will know where I will be with coveralls on that are rated for 30-, then she heads out to Irving TX for Spring break to play for a week. I hear that the weather is not real good there.
I am glad she is in her last year of college and I wish she was playing at Disneys Wide World Of Sports like she did her first year. I am tired of snow and like you said they are calling for a nother storm Wed, may this one go under us.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Another 1 is predicted for this area on Tuesday and Wednesday.....details to follow over the next couple of days.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #10

We are projected rain/snow showers out of the storm this coming week. All we got out of the last storm was high winds. Most of the snow has finally melted off most areas except the huge parking lot piles and shaded/north facing areas. It remains cold though, with temps averaging in the 30's when they should be near 50 this time of year for our area.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
We are projected rain/snow showers out of the storm this coming week. All we got out of the last storm was high winds. Most of the snow has finally melted off most areas except the huge parking lot piles and shaded/north facing areas. It remains cold though, with temps averaging in the 30's when they should be near 50 this time of year for our area.
Hope the weather's good next weekend. We're heading your way for Spring Family Weekend at Liberty U. We'll be heading down Friday. Can I bring you some snow? We still have bunch on the ground!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Hope the weather's good next weekend. We're heading your way for Spring Family Weekend at Liberty U. We'll be heading down Friday. Can I bring you some snow? We still have bunch on the ground!

Thanks but we still have enough. So far the extended forecast is sunny with highs in the mid-upper 40's, for what its worth. It will change several times before the weekend. Have a safe trip and enjoy the Hill City. I know of a couple nice restaurants on the riverfront if you are interested.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Thanks but we still have enough. So far the extended forecast is sunny with highs in the mid-upper 40's, for what its worth. It will change several times before the weekend. Have a safe trip and enjoy the Hill City. I know of a couple nice restaurants on the riverfront if you are interested.
One of our meals is a luncheon at the college and from there who knows. I have the 2 restaurants you sent me earlier in my favorites. Thanks for the weather forecast.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR