Old 05-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #11

Examples of good quality control from Forest River before it leaves the factory. HA!

txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #12

The damage was just to a ceiling panel and a wall panel which are very easy to change out so unit is still as new so minimal damage compared to what it could have been. It is not unusual to change damaged panels that may have marks etc.

2009 Cedar Creek 34RLSA
Retired but still working sometimes to pay for toys
jdp105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
JDP - Is there a reason you are aware of the dealership does not send these type units back? Especially with roof issues and water damage?

Thanks for posting!
I know that some have been sent back but in most cases it is easier to fix in the shop and they have the ability to fix or rebuild any issues. They may also be put in the rental section after being fixed as the rentals have their own tech to keep them on the road. rentals have a hard life.
2009 Cedar Creek 34RLSA
Old 05-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #14

I also worked for a small rv dealership- found alot wrong from factory- tried to correct every fault.sometimes things got missed but they tried to correct all problems.the dealership has since closed :-( But I did learn alot .
Old 05-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
Examples of good quality control from Forest River before it leaves the factory. HA!
Forest River are one of the better manufactures. There are some that are a lot worse. When people look at units they usually spend more time looking at the flashy items but do not spend time looking deeper into other areas of the units such as cupboards, cabinets, and mechanical areas. Look at things such as furnaces, water pumps, converters, and water heaters to see how hard it may be to service or change. I think my next retirement job may be assisting people in looking over Rvs before they buy them.
2009 Cedar Creek 34RLSA
Old 05-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #16
Retired Techie

Even between departments in a dealership can be a big difference. I bought a 2016 Forest River TH last fall and lived in it over the winter. Found absolutely no problems with the TH other than some design issues even though it was a low end unit. Traded it in on a 5th wheel at a CW dealership and was given a good trade in and a good price on a excellent 3 year old unit. Was absolutely impressed with the whole sales process until two days after I dropped off the TH and I arrived to pick up the new unit and closed the deal. Sales guy mentioned they had found a couple of issues with my trade in but not deal stoppers. Propane system was inop due to oil in the lines and brakes were not working due to wiring issues probably from day one.
This was the unit I had dragged 6000 plus miles through the back-roads of 6 states over 4 months and used the propane daily up to day of trade in. No way would I take a unit to that service department.
1998 Honda Valkerie
2016 Camping 148 days so far
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K Hoffman View Post
Just out of curiosity do units damaged like this get sold a brand new units or rebuilt units? Is the customer advised of what has happened to the unit? Or is that something that laws might vary state to state? BTW I know what the ethical answer should be.

I would bet they are sold as new without any disclosure to the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
dealer, pdi