Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #1
Andy

Wheel Issues

Purchased our 2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS at the Camping World in Boloxi MS back in Fall 2018. During the Pre-Delivery Inspection we noted a handful of issues. Camping worked with Forest River on the issues and one of the issues was repaired. We were told the other, scratches on the four wheels was not covered by Forest River because Camping World did not note them when they took delivery of the unit. Camping World offered to fix the issues at their cost and sent the camper off to a wheel refinisher to have the issues fixed. The refinisher ended up calling back to let them know that upon inspection there was some sort of interaction with the aluminum in the wheel and moister and there was a good chance when he repainted them that the issues would return. Since this appears to be a manufacturer defect Camping World once again asked Forest River about replacing the wheels and once again Forest River declined. Is anyone else having these issues with the wheels? If so, did Forest River fix or replace the wheels?
Caina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
Coach

All four wheels have the same defect? I'm not understanding completely, is the moisture supposedly imbedded in the aluminum? Perhaps if you have some pictures to post, one of our members will be familiar with it.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #3

Get them powder coated. The oven baking process will drive any moisture out of the metal.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #4

Lionshead probably made the wheels. Look them up online and see if you can find the same wheel that you have. If you find your wheels, call them and see if they will help you directly. I dealt with them once and they were good to me.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #5

Grey Wolf 22r Toyhauler

Hauling my 2 450lb adventure motorcycles during my trips, at 60mph the trailer is all over the road. I have a very good Blue Ox WDH. Some people on forum says its not set up correctly? How can that be? I bought the heavy bars for my previously trailer was bigger and heavier. It was very controllerable. Not this lighter one is crazy. Yes the weight is behind the axles a total of 900lbs. Geez, how much weight did Forest River ever take into account to be back there where THEY installed the tiedowns.? Can not get anyone in Forest River to take my calls to find a cure and answers to how they engineered their calculations
manofsteel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel