Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #11

nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Nothing that looks like post #2 in this thread: 2010 Rockwood 2604

You might have to pull the cover off of that junction box next, or pull the converter out to see if you have power going into the back of that. I don't think there is a master fuse for 12 volts on the power panel, but I can't remember.
nothing that looks like that unless its in the junction box.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #12

am not too familiar with what is entailed with the emergency break away brakes........do they have a controller.......i assume thats what i am looking at as the cable goes directly to the chains.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #13

and have looked at the fuses and there are written descriptions on all of them.......no master fuse that i can see
Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

ransac, I just checked my power panel, and mine has 2 40 amp automotive type fuses. If your power panel is similar, I believe that I would pull those fuses to see if either are blown before pulling the converter out of its hiding place, or uncovering that junction box.

Hope others can chime in here if that doesn't work.....I am running out of ideas.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #15

i have two 30 amp and both are ok..............nothing else i can think of either...........
Old 09-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #16

My last unit was a Roo 26RS and I had a similar problem. I ran two 12 volt outlets from the power converter. We used them primarily to run our ACDC TV. If your unit is anything like our Roo (and I am sure it is) there will be at least 2 open circuits available at the bottom of the 12 volt fuse panel on the right side of the converter panel. You would just need to run an appropriate gauge wire and a ground wire to the outlets.
I also added a input connection in the TV shelf area that connected to the AUX in jacks of the sound system. We used it to provide better sound for the TV and also to allow us to plug in an IPOD for music.

Mike
Old 09-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

As for the "break away brakes", if the pin is pulled, the full 12 volts from the battery is supposed to lock the trailer brakes, there isn't any controller, either "on" or "off". If you found the fuse panel, there should be a large red wire feeding it from the battery. If you can't find 12 volts anywhere, (mine is near the top), then you have an "auto reset breaker" with corroded terminals, or one that failed to reset. Just need to chase the wiring, time consuming and frustrating, but you will be rewarded in the end.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #18

ty

thanks for your help.........will post when I have it solved, and will do what is suggested.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #19

well

after closer inspection near junction box I found the inline 12v breaker. It looked pretty ripe, and in fact fell apart after I took it apart. Went to local auto parts store, picked up another, and even before that I tried to short across the two terminals to see if the water pump came on (to test) and it didnt. So i figured it must be a ground problem. Replaced inline breaker, and still no 12v. Started to check the grounds and then got frustrated again and gave up.
Electriction friend stopped by, and took one glance at the battery and promply told me the terminal hook ups were reversed. Changed and all is well.
Thanks to all the quick replies to troubleshoot, and if I can help anyone in the future I will be sure to try.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
Villa Estate 392FLFB

oh my! they were backwards?!

Tags
12 volt, shamrock