Old 08-31-2016, 12:22 PM   #11

Just got a 2011 233S earlier this year

Get wheel chocks and stabilizer for the pop out, made a HUGE difference in the trailer bounce

I use one of these, seems like I paid about 20.00 less when I got mine. I run it the length of the track under the slide out

Make you some Wheel Chocks ( harbor freight has the bar clamps )
Custom Made RV Wheel Chocks for Tandem Wheels

Stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #12
Welcome! Relax and enjoy. 😊

Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #13
I have added pugs, and Reflectix window inserts to mine, and use them all the time. They help keep the heat out in the summer, and heat in, in colder weather. They will also help to keep condensation down inside the tent ends. We also added 3" mattress toppers to ours, and love them. The factory mattresses were not comfortable at all.
2014 Ram 1500 Sport
2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS
shelmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #14
Congrats on your new camper! Ours is still on order with at least a month to go - so I am soaking up as much advice here as I can before it comes in, and enjoying seeing others excited to get their campers & hear about new adventures. :-)
2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS (on order!)
2017 Ford F150
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #15
When we had a hybrid, we put air mattresses under the stock mattresses. This was very comfortable. Approximately, $20 for each. It also helped keeping the mattresses dry on the bottom from the moisture that comes through the tent ends.
If using it in the cold, we noticed a great deal of moisture when using the furnace. Almost thought it had leaked during the night when I got dripped on.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
I just noticed the lugs holding the spare to the carrier are a different size then the wheel lugs meaning the handle supplied can't remove the spare. We have the aluminum wheel option so maybe that was the failure. Need to see if my truck wrench might fit, if not add another socket size to the mobile tool bag.
Also anyone know the purpose of the swing down function of the spare carrier? Is it strong enough to use as a step when reaching the latches?

Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote

233, 233s, camper, shamrock