Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
anything to share about your Roo's

got a new to me 2014 Roo 233s

what was nice the previous owner put in LED lights around the floors, shelves in the cabinets, and a battery kill switch. these are pretty cool additions to the trailer.

has anyone else done any additions.. any tricks i should know about? Anything i should know about that would make camping easier?
__________________

NJCamperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
njfishing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCamperRoo View Post
got a new to me 2014 Roo 233s



what was nice the previous owner put in LED lights around the floors, shelves in the cabinets, and a battery kill switch. these are pretty cool additions to the trailer.



has anyone else done any additions.. any tricks i should know about? Anything i should know about that would make camping easier?


Led awning lights

Upgrade to two 6 volt batteries If you plan to camp in places without power.

Before you go close the tent ends, close all windows and doors and start your vent fans. It creates a vacuum which draws in the tent canvas and keeps them from getting fouled up in the seals.
__________________

__________________
Gerry Z
2014 Roo 21DK
Honda Ridgeline
Equalizer WDH
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ron045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 402
I have a Shamrock which is the same as a Roo. If your 2014 is like my 2017, you will find the light switch at the door turns on every over head light.

We did not like this, so this Fall, I purchased push button replacement lights. Now we can independently choose which lights to turn on and off.

A very simple and inexpensive upgrade that you can do yourself.

Have Fun!
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180318_163614517_HDR.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	366.6 KB
ID:	167804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180318_163642813_HDR.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	167805  
__________________
Ron & Family
Junior Season (Max time with the kids before they graduate)
2017-23 Nights, 2018-30 Nights, 2019-23 Nights
2017 Shamrock 23IKSS
2016 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, 4.10
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 286
One of the best "tricks" I saw when first getting our Roo was this Youtube video someone posted on how to close the bunk ends. It's genius:

__________________
2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2017 Ford F150
2018 Days Camped: 34
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
GalsofEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
I have a Shamrock which is the same as a Roo. If your 2014 is like my 2017, you will find the light switch at the door turns on every over head light.

We did not like this, so this Fall, I purchased push button replacement lights. Now we can independently choose which lights to turn on and off.

A very simple and inexpensive upgrade that you can do yourself.

Have Fun!
Ron
Interesting... My 2016 shamrock has the main switch at the door, but each light also had a switch on it's base so we can select which lights we want on or off once the main switch is on.
I did add some motion activated battery powered lights to the closet. Now I can see way back in the closet.
__________________
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ron045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
Interesting... My 2016 shamrock has the main switch at the door, but each light also had a switch on it's base so we can select which lights we want on or off once the main switch is on.
I did add some motion activated battery powered lights to the closet. Now I can see way back in the closet.
The only lights that came with independent switches were the bathroom, the dinette light and the two reading lights by the couch. The 7 ceiling lights were either all on or all off.
__________________
Ron & Family
Junior Season (Max time with the kids before they graduate)
2017-23 Nights, 2018-30 Nights, 2019-23 Nights
2017 Shamrock 23IKSS
2016 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, 4.10
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
GalsofEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
The only lights that came with independent switches were the bathroom, the dinette light and the two reading lights by the couch. The 7 ceiling lights were either all on or all off.
That would bug me too if all those ceiling lights did not have the switches at the base of each light. We frequently have on only a couple at a time.
__________________
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
what was it that he put at the top on the track? happen to know by any chance?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maman325 View Post
One of the best "tricks" I saw when first getting our Roo was this Youtube video someone posted on how to close the bunk ends. It's genius:

NJCamperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 14
on the one we have. each light has a switch on it after you turn the main light on. but if that wasn't the case i would be changing out like you stated.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
I have a Shamrock which is the same as a Roo. If your 2014 is like my 2017, you will find the light switch at the door turns on every over head light.

We did not like this, so this Fall, I purchased push button replacement lights. Now we can independently choose which lights to turn on and off.

A very simple and inexpensive upgrade that you can do yourself.

Have Fun!
Ron
NJCamperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
GalsofEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCamperRoo View Post
what was it that he put at the top on the track? happen to know by any chance?
Looks like he put on a homemade device to prevent water intrusion from the top.
__________________

__________________
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.