Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
kwillmott

Shamrock 233 our 233 is a 2009 and 2 bunks leaked so I can believe it. I should post some of my pictures....they shock everyone at how much of a flood we had when the seals stopped working.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #22

Kwillmott,

Please post your pics i'd like to see and want did you do to stop the leak!

TX

Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
kwillmott

Hi Shamrock

We couldn't do anything there was a flood inside and it was all destroyed. Factory put on new bunk doors.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #24

i finally got in touch with warranty department at Forest River by e-mail and sent them pics and explanation. they've ask me to bring my Rv to the dealer so they can do there inspection, take pictures and then they will contact Forest River and make a discision of what they'll do or what can be done for me. i'll keep you posted
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #25
Hitch3157

How did you attach the PVC pipe to the gutter ?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #26

This is how the PVC is held on...

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...x/P5010024.jpg

I hope this gives access to entire photo group...

Camper Fix pictures by pixleys - Photobucket
Old 09-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #27

What was the MIL of your vinyl? Just got a hybrid and love your fix.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #28

That's a good question. I'm not sure but it is solid. You cant rip it by hand but it is still flexible. As time has gone by I have removed the Velcro at the top of the door and only use the Duct tape in the gutter to hold the top piece in place plus the PVC tube. While driving it all stays in place. Also at the bottom of the door to keep water out of the hinge I only kept the duct tape holding the vinyl to the door and got rid of the Velcro holding the bottom edge of the vinyl down. This also stays in place while driving and doesn't flap around at lease with my vehicle.

At the end of the day I absolutely have no water leaking in but the slight "puffyness" at the bottom, outside of the door has progressed upward about 1"/year. This is from condensation that all hybrids suffer from. With damp weather and the temperature differential (caused by the sun beating on the door) you simply get water in the door which condensates and softens the wood in the door. Until the doors are made solid or truly sealed inside and out this will happen. I'm in better shape than most as Forest river sent me a brand new door with all hardware when all this started so when (next year) it's time to sell I just include the door and someone else can leave it as is. Down the road when the outside softness becomes a structural issue they can change out the door as needed and get another bunch of years out of it. Let's face it these things are not made like an Airstream and will not last decades.

By the way this issue never effected the rear camper bunk. Probably the way I park it and never seeing direct sun.

Were I to do it all over I would stick with a hard side unit. I have found that a hybrid gives you good space vs the tow size but the down side is it always seams to rain the night before we come home and I get to set it up all over again at home to dry it out. The best and worst of both worlds in the end.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #29

Where did you find the vinyl strips?
Thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #30

In Canada, you can buy sheets of vinyl at Fabricland. I'm sure it is available in US fabric stores as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums