Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #31

The photos and discussion are very helpful, thanks for all this.
As I venture into some solutions for my leaking Shamrock hybrid, I am curious about the PVC pipe in the gutter. When the gutter fills, would the water not just run under the PVC edge and still overflow the gutter, thus leaking into the top of the closed bed??

Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #32

2008 23ss

We bought our unit used after looking at many TT's. We love the hybrid like a lot of owners for a lot of the same reasons. That being said the bunk seal design is an epic fail and as it appears the FR fix is not much better. Our trailer has the same damage to the front bunk and due to a shoulder replacement I am not able to effect a permanent repair at this time. I did however re-engineer my door seals and this seams to be working. I removed the factory recessed seals and went with weatherstripping that I bought from the RV dealer to the outer edge of the door lip. There have been several monsoon like storms since and no leaks so far. As for the water damage to the bunk I had to replace the mdf panel in front of the bunk -1/2" sanded exterior sheathing and 1/4 inch sanded plywood adhered with construction adhesive. I then used a quality oil base paint to finish it off. I will be contacting FR customer Service to see about a permanent fix for the bunk when my shoulder is healed. I think that part of my issue was caused by the PO as there was evidence of pinched seals and less than stellar maintenance practices.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #33

I would like to see pics of the new seals you installed.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #34

Leaky bunks ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleys View Post
This is a mix of many photos mostly related to leak redesign. I no longer have any issues after many, many hours. The solution ended up being the tubing cover, vinyl and white duct tape. All must be applied. Any one alone does't do it. I applied this fix to both ends although the problem only existed on the front door. Sorry to those of you who have the new 2012 end design that apparently has its own issues.

Good luck all...

Camper Fix pictures by pixleys - Photobucket
I have a 2013 that leaks. Did yours come with the J channel above the bunk door or did you install that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9030274.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	62366  
Old 03-29-2015, 11:52 PM   #35

Thanks for sharing your pictures. It was great to see all of them, cleared up a lot of questions. One question, what is the diameter of the pic pipe? (Not overly handy, so I am not sure whether it comes in a whole bunch of sizes or just some standard ones)
Old 03-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #36

PVC pipe, oops!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #37

Pictures

I have read this design and would love to incorporate the pvc pipe to my camper, but was unable to get the pictures, maybe they have expired over time. Can someone please give me a link to the pics of the pvc pipe fix for leaking bunk ends for 2007 rockwood roo. thanks so much.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis College View Post
I have read this design and would love to incorporate the pvc pipe to my camper, but was unable to get the pictures, maybe they have expired over time. Can someone please give me a link to the pics of the pvc pipe fix for leaking bunk ends for 2007 rockwood roo. thanks so much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428659770.256009.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	73712 there ya go
Old 04-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #39

Nice but doesn't the rain just hit it and run down the lower half? I am getting my 23IKSS tomorrow don't the stock gutters work well

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #40
Moderators' Assistant

from what i understand, newer Roos/Shamrocks don't have front or rear rain gutters over the bunk doors.
unless FR started installing them again.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote