It was the day to wake up the beast and I was able to take some photos of the last and FINAL "water in the bunk ends" mod I have made. This is in addition to the PVC pipes shown earlier in the photos. With this addition a garden hose on full (from above) causes NO leaks. Although the pipes helped there is still a hard enough rain that can overwhelm the system. The photos on PhotoBucket are in reverse order so go to the last page and work backwards.
The rear (vertical) bunk end has had a flared lip added just above the hinge with some white duct tape and the vinyl bathtub edge sealing material you can get at home depot. This small lip deflects the worst rain from getting into the hinge. At the top I used white duct tape, with half of it tucked into the gutter (clean with alcohol first...you and the gutter) and the other half stuck to a 4" wide continuous strip of clear vinyl. What this does is that no mater how hard the rain, any water that gets past the PVC thing stays completely away from the top end seal and just pours down the door which is half of the battle with these things leaking.
The front bunk I did the same thing with the vinyl at the top and went one extra step at the bottom. To keep wind driven rain (while driving) out of the hinge area I used duct tape, the bath tub stuff and velcro to close off that area. This might all look like a bit much and that I need to find a hobby but at least my bunk ends aren't a spongy mess and come selling time it should pay off.
In addition anyone with an 2009 or newer Roo is probably aware of the singing propane tanks. There are two photos of the labels on the pigtails that Rockwood sent me. I can attest that with water heater, cabin heater and all stove burners running the sound is completely gone!
The positioning of the front end's velcro is important. If it is any higher the bottom bunk edge chops the vinyl up. Where I have it the vinyl just buckles when the end comes down.
Good luck all!