Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #1

Bunk Ends covers

I think we are 4 weeks out from taking delivery of our Roo. I noticed some folks use those bunk end covers from that popup thingy company in Texas. When we had our pop up, we never used a product like this. I have a couple of questions.

Do they make a significant difference in hot and cold camping?

I am assuming this is a product that has to be put on and taken off each outing? If so, is it a PITA to do this?

Thanks for your input...
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #2

They worked extremely well for us. Prior to our current TT we used to have a Fleetwood popup and summer camping in Florida was an issue for the air conditioner, it just couldn't keep up. The bunk ends were extremely hot mid-morning on until the sun went down. We purchased these solar blankets from PopupGizmos and, in our opinion, worked as advertised (same concept as putting up a windshield sunshade inside your auto, it reflects sun light). Having these things on made quite the difference.

We did install/remove the blankets every time, so yes it was somewhat of a PITA.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Site Team

smokyroo, they do make a difference. i've never read a post from someone who had them and felt they were useless.

i bought the generic 5x7 ones from REI. you can also get these from Cabelas, Campmor and Bass Pro. also there's a number of online places to buy from. they're made from the same material and luckily, the 5x7 worked on both ends.
the front bunks canvas is a little longer but it works.

i just use office binder clips to clamp it to the canvas seams.
they also keep the canvas clean and help darken the ends for afternoon naps.

they are worth the extra 5 minutes to attach.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote