Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2017, 12:07 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
5d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1
De-winterizing 2016 rockwood roo23ws

Pump seems like it has a lot of air in line. Pump Will not shut off. Any ideas? Tried different ways water heater full, water tank full see zero leaks.
__________________

5d16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Mainframe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 560
Mine takes a while to get all the air out, must be a lot of air in these things, I usually hook the water hose to the house a couple of times and keep going back and forth between hose hook up and just the pump.

It usually takes 2 or 3 days for me to get my pump to shut off, it sounds like it almost is going to stop but finally it shuts off.

I then leave the pump switch on all season, except when I am at the campground hooked up to the fresh water supply. Keep trying it should build it's required back pressure and stop.

Also, keep looking and listening for water running, just in case there is a leak someplace.
__________________

__________________
2016 Shamrock 23WS
2018 F150 Ecoboost
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:56 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5d16 View Post
Pump seems like it has a lot of air in line. Pump Will not shut off. Any ideas? Tried different ways water heater full, water tank full see zero leaks.
Did you Purge/Bleed the outside shower,the Toilet,the shower,both sinks,the low point drains? Any or all of these can cause Pump to act that way! Suction side of pump winterizing valve issue can also be culprit for Lots of Air in lines! But a Hidden Leak can also cause a Pump to Not shut off or Off and On if a Smaller Leak! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
RACarvalho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 550
There are 4 valves, intake and exit of water heater, by pass water heater and antifreeze inlet/water thank.
The antifreeze valve needs to be set to tank, the by pass closed and the other two open.
Also, you need to have water in your thank.
Just did mine this week and got the same result you got and the problem was that the antifreeze valve was set to entifreeze inlet not to the thank.
After set it to the thank it primed really fast.
__________________
2018 F150 XLT V8 HDPP
2018 Rockwood 2909WS

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,484
I drain the main fresh water tank of antifreeze, then fill with fresh water and run the faucet and shower head to flush the system. I repeat a few times until the water runs completely clear. Never had a problem with air in the system because it is always full of anti freeze.
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Take The Road Less Travld
 
MuddauberE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Mine takes a while to get all the air out, must be a lot of air in these things, I usually hook the water hose to the house a couple of times and keep going back and forth between hose hook up and just the pump.

It usually takes 2 or 3 days for me to get my pump to shut off, it sounds like it almost is going to stop but finally it shuts off.

I then leave the pump switch on all season, except when I am at the campground hooked up to the fresh water supply. Keep trying it should build it's required back pressure and stop.

Also, keep looking and listening for water running, just in case there is a leak someplace.
2-3 days???
When de-winterizing my Roo, I will hook up my city water and flush all the lines. There will be no air in the lines at this point. I will then partially fill the fresh water tank and tun on the pump with nothing open. (make sure you switch the valve from the winterizing intake to the fresh water tank. Otherwise it will run forever dry). Once the pump stops running which is about 1 minute or less, then I flush one faucet at a time. Clearing out any remaining antifreeze from the pump and lines. The pump will shut off almost immediately after I turn off the water at each valve. Turn off the pump, releave pressure from lines by opening 1 faucet and then open water heater lines. You can flush out the water heater if you want as well. I use the city water hook up for this. Done!

If the pump continue to run when all valves are closed, there is a leak somewhere. Either lower drain lines, the outside shower is on or something. It will also run if there is not enough water in the tank.

May is here, time for me to de-winterise now too
__________________
"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2017 Ford F-150 EB
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
2-3 days???
When de-winterizing my Roo, I will hook up my city water and flush all the lines. There will be no air in the lines at this point. I will then partially fill the fresh water tank and tun on the pump with nothing open. (make sure you switch the valve from the winterizing intake to the fresh water tank. Otherwise it will run forever dry). Once the pump stops running which is about 1 minute or less, then I flush one faucet at a time. Clearing out any remaining antifreeze from the pump and lines. The pump will shut off almost immediately after I turn off the water at each valve. Turn off the pump, releave pressure from lines by opening 1 faucet and then open water heater lines. You can flush out the water heater if you want as well. I use the city water hook up for this. Done!

If the pump continue to run when all valves are closed, there is a leak somewhere. Either lower drain lines, the outside shower is on or something. It will also run if there is not enough water in the tank.

May is here, time for me to de-winterise now too
Why not flush all the faucets while on City water also? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 28
When I have this problem with air causing the pump to continue running I have found that I have air in my water filter. Once I loosen the water filter and push the air out my system has normalized and the pump will stop.

Easy to completely set up the water system and forget to purge the filter.
__________________
2016 Dodge RAM 3.0 Eco-diesel
2016 Rockwood Ultra-lite 2304DS


2016 - Trips 6 - 12 nights
2017 - Trips 3 - 15 nights
mckittrick5791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mainframe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 560
Next year I am going to flush the lines with my hose from the house, that will work better than using the pump, good idea.
__________________
2016 Shamrock 23WS
2018 F150 Ecoboost
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #10
Summer2Go
 
Summer2Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NW New Jersey
Posts: 652
De-winterizing 2016 rockwood roo23ws

I didn't put the filter in til I had all the dewinterization, and sanitation done, worked fine. .... I forgot to get a new filter, so I put it in later.
__________________

Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, winter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.