Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

Enclosed storage Texas heat

My wife and I are planning to purchase a Roo 235S in the near future and are working on a budget for things. We've been looking around for storage and found a few good places in the area. All offer covered storage and a couple offer fully enclosed. We like the idea of the enclosed storage, as we're planning to keep the trailer for a good while and would like to keep it looking good as long as possible. My only concern is with the heat here in Central TX (100+) in the summer, would keeping it in an enclosed metal building bake the trailer. Should we just do the covered storage? Does anybody store indoors? TIA

ChawlzW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #2

DewPoints matter!

I store in sunshine AND yes it HAS taken a toll on our poor ROO despite my efforts to keep it clean and waxed, the exterior (especially the decals) are showing their age :-( In Central FLA the humidity (i.e. the UGLY dew-points) have a serious affect on things. Had a friend that did enclosed/covered and he told me the mold and fungus that he got on the trailer were incredibly disappointing. He has parked like mine in open air since then! Had one other friend in enclosed, but it was a Climate Controlled warehouse, THAT method is STUPID expensive! I am NO AUTHORITY but if you are in and around the Houston/Humid area's my vote would be stay in the airy open.

2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #3

Raleigh, NC here. Warm, bright sun and humid. However, not quite FL or Houston.Most trailers and boats in our area are stored outside in the sun. After a few years they look pretty aged.

We store ours in covered parking. The nose faces east and is open to the morning sun but the other 3 sides are enclosed.

We had our popup covered outside for several years and the covers failed regularly. It was awful. The few months in the open without a cover totally bleached the paint and decals.

We haven't had the Roo long enough to know the effects of the sun on the fiberglass front cap or decals but I do keep it waxed every few months. It was stored on a lot in OH for several months and I can see how the rear bunk latches faded. Bugs me bad.

So, we decided to keep this one under cover as long as we could afford. For reference, in our area covered on concrete is $150/mo and higher. Uncovered on dirt is $65+. Indoor back in with roll up door, not climate controlled, is $350/mo+. On the plus side, the covered spot we have is 5 min from home and has 120V electric and lights. If/when it does go outside, it will have a cover which I expect would have to be replaced annually.

Indoor, fully enclosed should be fine for moisture. I'm surprised by the mold issue if they used Damprid, etc and didn't put it away wet.
azfansinnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage