Old 07-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Full-time?

Has anyone ever considered full-timing from their hybrid? Thinking about it. Found that the campgrounds here on the outskirts of my area are very reasonable this time of year and only get better during off season.

Thinking the non-heated tanks would be the only drawback to this idea. Although I am sure someone makes some kind of gizmo aftermarket for warming them but I could just unhook water,drain low points, tanks and top sink drains off with some antifreeze if it gets below freezing. Keep it warm with electric heat. Ideas like rope lighting the water supply and an aftermarket heating pad for tanks could make it more comfortable.

Sam

Equal-I-zer
samsc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I full time but not in a hybrid. biggest things you need to consider is to keep the water line insulated/heated and the grey tank can drain all the time but the black you still gotta open up to drain and keep closed rest of the time. skirting around the bottom to the ground makes a world of difference.

you sure you gonna full time in virgina beach in a hybrid? might need to fold that up for the cold seasons..

Old 07-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #3

I was going to keep the fold outs out for summer,spring,fall. Winter time come around i was probably going to close up the front living end. Other one is kind of sectioned off at the back with the bathroom wall so I can block that off and use the storage space of it. So insulate black tanks and keep water supply to camper heated as well? Anything else?

Was planning on being on the outskirts of va beach,then come end of tourist season come back into town when the rates drop.

Sam
Equal-I-zer
Old 07-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

we've had our hybrid for nearly 5 years now and love it. but i would never consider full-timing in it, unless i lived in Florida.

you can put tank heaters on the holding tanks but you would have to "turtle" during winter and a hybrid is not built as a four-season trailer.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #5

I don't know if GoneCamping is on this forum or not but he used to full time in his hybrid. You can find him at TOC (The Other Campground) - Home. I am sure he would be glad to give you any pointers he can. He actually lives in that area. Hope this helps you out and good luck.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2000 Suburban 1500 4 X 4
ngts camped 2016-24 so far. reservations for 11 more
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #6

Was for sure planning on turtling the front of the camper up. The rear bed has little open area actually that air can pass through when the mattress is standing up dividing it off. Will have to use that as storage. Rope light the water feed and exposed water lines underneath,heat black tank with pad, and keep temp set inside camper with electric heat and propane furnace as back up. Open cabinets when its Real cold,keep hot water heater on,even slow drip the sinks with gray tank cracked. Sounds like a plan

Sam

Equal-I-zer