Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
kwillmott

How is that good though if you still get water in that you have dab with a towel? Is it coming into the bunk area? Water at all no matter the amount isn't good as it will cause rot and mould etc...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #12

With all due respect kwillmott, let's not make this thread another discussion on water damage. I would appreciate it.

* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared
With all due respect kwillmott, let's not make this thread another discussion on water damage. I would appreciate it.
Ditto
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #14

My wife and I also enjoyed our Wildwood 17EX which is a hybrid for 3 problem free seasons. In fact the only real issue I had with the trailer was that it seems that someone put a staple through the cable when building it and the outside cable connection would never work. Fixed that by running a new cable myself. The only water issue I had was with the shower, the water would run along the edge at the bottom of the wall itself and then down on the floor in front of the shower. I fixed that with some matching caulking to create a stop for the water flow. Two weeks ago we just moved up to a Wildwood 29BHBS because we want to do some seasonal and we did not have enough room in the hybrid for that type of camping with two Greyhounds under foot all the time. Loved the trailer for all the amenities it had and the ease of pulling it around.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott View Post
How is that good though if you still get water in that you have dab with a towel? Is it coming into the bunk area? Water at all no matter the amount isn't good as it will cause rot and mould etc...
Sorry you don't like yours. I am really sorry you are having unholy problems with yours, but please, like others have said, don't hijack this thread. We like ours, and others do too, let us discuss that.
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
I'm with him on this. In the grand scheme of things, I do love my Roo as well. It sucks to have a water damage (that will be getting fix, either my pocket or theirs), but there are two places other than home I love to be: My Roo or Disney, thanks goodness for Disney's Fort Wilderness!

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #17

I have had oura now for 2 seasons. No leaks and when we get to use it the family has fun in it. If I could pick on Hockeytown a little...really...Disney Fort Wilderness? There are a ton of places between your house and their that are better.lol. heck you should try Wekiva Springs State Park or Lake Louisa State Park. I grew up in Orlando and spent 39 years there so I am very biased here against Disney Lol....i am just picking on you. Dont take it personally. Floridas state parks are impressive with places like Wekiva or Anastasia or Manatee Springs or Bahia Honda and the list goes on. I enjoy my Roo and wish we had more time to use it. Maybe next year. Hockytwon, enjoy the mouse house in your Roo and maybe you will see Pooh there...oh I crack myself up.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #18

Love our Shamrock 183

We love our 2011 Shamrock 183. Used it for 2 summers and the only problem we had is when we opened it up early this past spring and found ice on the canvas, so this year we put an Adco cover over it. Other than that, no problems found. Definitely would buy another one! We didn't think we would use the 3rd bunk, but have used it almost every time we camped.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #19

We have a 2009 Rockwood 23SS, which we have travelled over 12K the last two seasons with no problems. The rig has held up well.

We would say that we love our Roo and would buy another Forest River trailer without qualification.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #20

Ah Smoky, we've missed you. I have a serious Disney addiction...

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote