Old 05-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #1

HOME ARMOR Mold Stain killer from HDepot

I renewed my stock bottle of Mold Stain remover at Home Depot today. I had gotten curious over the last year, thinking that all mold sprays were the same. I tried a Walmart house brand, and another brand that looked like it came from the same manufacturer (the bottle looked similar). But I thought I was not getting the same cleaning that I enjoyed with the Home Armor brand... so I tried a little experiment on the mold stained vinyl seats on my golf cart this evening. Earlier today I sprayed and wiped the badly stained area on the seat with both the Great Value brand and the MOLD ARMOR mold blocker.
Yes I see that it says Mold Blocker, not stain remover, but I tried it anyway. Neither touched the black mold stain on the heavy vinyl.

Tonite I sprayed two rather black areas on the golf cart seat. These stains were from last summer, as the cart sits out in the weather and the moist Ohio River valley I live near stays quite humid during the summer.

I think you can see the dramatic difference after one spray and 5 minutes, then another spray application and about 15 total minutes, with just a little wiping with a clean terry cloth.

I will ALWAYS recommend the Home Armor Brand from Home Depot to get rid of black mold stains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	139139   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.JPG
Views:	445
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	139140   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	139141   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	139142   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	139143  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #2

These are additional shots of the mold stained areas on my golf cart seats. I have used this brand mold stain spray on my previous popup and my current Shamrock hybrid tent ends with great success. Total time was about 15 minutes from start to finish.

I hope this helps someone get rid of their black mold stains.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	05.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	139144   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	139145   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	139146  

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 05-26-2017, 07:06 PM   #3

Excellent review. Thank you for taking the time for the write up.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #4

RSDATA, thanks for the review. If I read correctly, the Mold Armor Mold Blocker didn't work but the Home Armor Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Killer did?

Are there are special instructions or tips you have you wouldn't mind sharing as to application of the stuff? Specifically, do you rinse afterwards and if so, how?

My problem is the bunk end canvas on my 2012 Roo 21SS. It didn't survive winter storage very gracefully.

Thanks,
Tom
Spacecrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #5

Thanks for sharing! Good info to know
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #6

The Home Armor brand from Home Depot did the job. There are several types, including a blocker, in this brand line, but this review was for the 2X spray cleaner product in the picture. Price is in the $5 range, so inexpensive to try.

Most of the pictures were taken before and 5-10 minutes after a spray application with no wiping. The last pictures of the seat and back rest were after 2 applications and a wipe off.

I follow instructions on the bottle. Spray, let alone 5-10 minutes, then wipe. The black mold disappears before your eyes. Might need second application. I use a damp white terry rag to wipe. I rinse it out when it gets dirty. I usually follow up with 303 Protectant on the outside vinyl. I do nothing special to the canvas window areas other than to let it air dry. I seem to always do this on bright sunny days and a little breeze helps as this product has a strong bleach odor.

I always have a bottle in my Shamrock. Bunk ends almost always get damp overnight under the outside flaps. We camp in humid areas always, i.e. Florida, Ohio, KY, Smokeys... The stitch threads turn black very quickly. I spray this on whenever I am cleaning the bunks which I try to do every 1-2 or 3 weeks of camping. Inside and out wherever mold stains appear. My Shamrock camper turns 3 years old this month, and I have used this product since my pop-up days prior to the hybrid.

Watch what you are wearing and the bed sheets as it will bleach out your clothes if you get contact with the liquid.

I have used the blocker product... but I think it might get washed off in the rain... I'm not sure of it's effectiveness.

Tom, I hope this helps you out... I would certainly give it a try on your bunk end.

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 05-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

Thanks, I'll be heading to Home Depot tomorrow morning. It was the side flaps of my rear bunk that are awful. Front not so bad, but it is more open and we have a rack there as kitchen food/equipment storage, so we need the back bunk to sleep in. I'll try to upload pics of the sides and back. The back panel survived just fine. It was the side panels, cloth not vinyl, that took a beating over the winter.

Well, when I try to add photos, I get asked for a URL. I just took them with my camera, but believe me, they are pretty bad.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Well, when I try to add photos, I get asked for a URL. I just took them with my camera, but believe me, they are pretty bad.
rather than using the photo icon, try the paper clip icon... that way it will ask you to find the location you saved the photos and you can upload from your device...

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 05-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #9

Name:	IMG_3746[1].jpg
Views:	224
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	139218

Name:	IMG_3747[1].jpg
Views:	219
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	139219

Name:	IMG_3748[1].jpg
Views:	219
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	139220

Pretty bad stuff. Not sure I want to put my head anywhere near this. Funny thing is the mattress is fine.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
rather than using the photo icon, try the paper clip icon... that way it will ask you to find the location you saved the photos and you can upload from your device...
Well that worked just fine. Thanks.

Tags
mold