Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #1

Interior Slideout issues!

I have a 2011 Shamrock 21SSL that is basically the same as the Roo 21SS/SSL expandiable hybird trailer.

Is anyone having problems with the exterior wall of the slide out seperating from the sides of the seating area and the sofa bed? I just noticed that as the slideout is retracted into the trailer that the screws on side of the dinette bench seat have been pulled out from the wall, and that the corner of the sofa bed has also pulled loose. When the slideout is extended they go back together. It appears that the motion of the slide going in and out and slightly raising and lowering has caused this problem.

Anyone with similar problems and any luck with FR fixing this?
High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like the mechanical stop for the slide needs to be adjusted to have the slide motor clutch disengage sooner when retracting the room. The dealer can do if it's still under warranty or you should be able to find the info here if you wish to adjust it yourself.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check the stop. It seems that as the room goes out there is some flexing of the floor as it raises/lowers into position and that this is causing the seperation. I will have to take some photos and post them to show the problem.

Hopefully it is covered under the warranty. There is a FR dealer about an hour away so I will have to drag it to them to look at.

Thanks again!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Dave. You can see how the adjustments can be made - there is a manual for the slideout in our Files section that you can download.

But, my understanding is that this is something the dealer really should do on your trailer. Especially if its under warranty.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes they "miss" the studs when installing a dinette. It may be that the screws need relocating slightly, making sure they go in the studs, and not just the paneled wall. Easy enough fix with an electric drill and bit. Remove the screws, find the stud, and change the angle of the screw to go in the stud when you reinstall. Might want to start with a new hole.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #6

I think you have it right!

I took some pictures and looked at it closer today, and that is what it looks like. The screws were just in the particle board and not the stud, same for the frame of the sofa bed.

I watched the slide out extend, the dinette & sofa stay flat but the slide dips down a little creating the seperation. It disappears when the slideout is retracted. I would have not seen it but it is visible when the sofa bed is lowered into position.

Thanks for the info, it should be an easier fix than I thought at first.