Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #11

We had a Roo 23ss and it was a great starter for us. Loved the floor plan and the amount of overall space. Bathroom was a bit tight but useable. Ours was a 2009 and both bunk ends were queens so if you are looking for a king size not sure you will find that. Many of the tent trailers have kings on one end but not sure I've seen the Hybrids having one but you would have to look at the floor plans. We just could not get used to the noise transmission through the tent material for sleeping so moved up to full hardwall TT.

2011 Chevy 2500HD - DuraMax (Just over 5000 miles now!)
Nights camped in 2014 - 21
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
(Kim)

We all have different tastes, so opinions and recomendations will vary greatly
Our Rockwood 2306 is perfect for us......(queen bed and 3 bunks ) but might not be right for you.
Decide first if you want a hybrid or not; make a list of the pros and cons of each and go from there.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy
We all have different tastes, so opinions and recomendations will vary greatly
Our Rockwood 2306 is perfect for us......(queen bed and 3 bunks ) but might not be right for you.
Decide first if you want a hybrid or not; make a list of the pros and cons of each and go from there.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!
Exactly. We really enjoy the tent ends on those perfect days and night but in the rain setup and tear down isn't enjoyable. Doable but not enjoyable. Cool weather camping can be a challenge compared to a full TT. Noise is also an issue when your neighbors are close.

Now for some pros. Big trailer on a small footprint. Big beds that you don't have to make up every day. An open and airy feeling.

I like that I can put my trailer on almost any site I choose. My parents 30' TT isn't quite as convenient. Nice trailer but man it's big!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Noise is also an issue when your neighbors are close.
Noise was/is a big issue for me. It is always surprising to me how far voices and giggles can carry, especially at night. And don't get me started on the 'loud talkers' you know the ones.......the people who feel they need to scream every word.
Having a fully enclosed TT helps to reduce the amount of times I need to mutter 'oh would you just ST#U' under my breath.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy

Noise was/is a big issue for me. It is always surprising to me how far voices and giggles can carry, especially at night. And don't get me started on the 'loud talkers' you know the ones.......the people who feel they need to scream every word.
Having a fully enclosed TT helps to reduce the amount of times I need to mutter 'oh would you just ST#U' under my breath.
You're so reserved. Why mumble it under your breathe!!

We had a guy looking for his chocolate lab "velvet" at 3 am with a whisper yell!! Yep he had had a few!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #16
Moderators' Assistant

JLBL, no one makes a hybrid with a king bed. only queens.
there are bunkhouse hybrids or 3-bed hybrids.

since your Armada can tow it, i suggest the 23SS since you get more kitchen counterspace and more wardrobe/inside storage.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #17

We went from a tent trailer to a Roo 21ssl. We absolutely love it! The super slide gives you lots of room and the bed area is very roomy. We wanted the hybrid because we do enjoy the feeling out the outdoors and the noise has never been an issue for us. Maybe because we have two kids 16 & 4 so noise is our norm. The bathroom is small but works just fine for us. Now it does not have much counter space when you are cooking but when you come from a tent trailer this space seems great. tons of storage!! Just a perfect trailer for us!
2012 21ssl on the way
2007 Dodge Mega Cab
Plus 4 Four wheelers for added fun!
UsNC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #18

We upgraded from a popup as well. We went back and forth between the 21SS and the 23SS. But when you consider storage and counter space, the 23SS wins hands down. We couldn't be happier with ours.
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #19

Tents-to-Popup-to-Roo 233S

After 20 years of camping in tents on the ground to air mattresses and cots then, to a popup for 11 years, made us feel we had gone to a hotel. The Coleman Sun Valley had TWO king size slide out beds. We are awaiting the new 233S Roo with three queeen size flip down beds. We plan on camping with 2 dogs and two granddaughters and did not want to give up our "luxury" sleeping arrangements by sharing with the dogs and kids. So, each adult has a "queen" and the kids/dogs can share the third "queen". Indoor toilet after 30 years of "climbing the hill" to use the bathroom will upgrade us to the Trump Towers in our way of thinking. Is this really "camping"?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #20

We felt the same way when we upgraded from our Coleman Utah popup to our roo 21ssl. Definitely enjoy not sneaking out the door in the middle of the night trying not to wake up the little one just to hit the bathrm. And the big frig is the bomb!!!

2012 21ssl on the way
2007 Dodge Mega Cab
Plus 4 Four wheelers for added fun!
UsNC4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hybrid, rockwood roo, upgrade