Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #21

Just bought a 23ss 2 days ago It is 30 degrees here at night Decided to sleep in it before taking it to winter storage FATASTIC furnace, heated mattresses kept us
very comfortable Also upgraded from a rockwood popup We had the biggest popup they made so were a little concern giving it up Love the slide on our ROO even thought it might be too big for our needs well see next spring when we finally get to really use it

Old 01-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #22

there are a lot of good posts here. I love camping and hearing the birds and being connected to the outside. We were originally tent campers, still do it. Bought a pop up then moved to a 30 foot Rvision Trail Light. It was totalled in an accident. Decided to move "down" to Rockwood Roo 233S. We opted for the 3 queen beds versus the super slide of the 233ss.

We tow it with a 4 Runner with a V8 and tow package and sometimes our Tundra. it handles nice on the road. We love the space compared to the 30 foot trailer as the beds are all larger and more comfy too. I have read several issues with the Roos like bunk ends not being dry and and some roof delamination issues. Ours is fine. I found when the front bunk end got wet it was my fault as one has to pack the beds to insure nothing, not a leaf , nothing gets between the seals. If foreign debris or canvas is between the seals then it will leak.

We enjoy the camper and for the money you get a ton of space. It is easy to tow, back in and use.

08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
itch'n to road trip

Keep in mind that those big TT are nice...but limit where you an go! Some federal and state campgrounds have a 25' limit...and think about how much do you REALLY need and how much you want to pay. Make a promise to yourselves that you will USE it! So many people get a nice big TT and find out how much it costs to tow somewhere..gas has gotten soooo expensive...and never use it... what a waste!

We have a cute little Gray Wolf 19RR toy hauler... can take all kinds of great toys with ya! and you also get a nice big back door you can add a screen too. What ever you choose..USE IT and have fun! Life is one big adventure!
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
itch'n to road trip

as far as heated MATTRESS... we just purchased a heated mattress PAD...works great!
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #25

Go Rockwood Roo

We just moved up from a Rockwood popup We had one of the biggest they make King and Queen Plus bay window and slide out dinning

We moved up to a 23ss roo Jusr bought it in Nov so havent camped yet but are very excited

Popups are a pain if it rains but really didnt want to sleep in a hard side

At least with a Roo yopu can close the beds if you need to and sleep inside Love the tent feel of a hybrid

We found on Roo on craigs list Were very lucky to get a good deal Ours is a 2007 that has been in storage for the last 2 years and was only used 3 times Also cam with the sway bar

Good luck to you
Old 01-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #26

We upgraded from a Coleman Westlake to a 233, after 5 years of dripping condensation on tent ends, crawling over people in the middle of the night, noisy neighbors, packing up in the rain only to take it home and open it up immediately to avoid mildew, leaking bunkends with delamination, in the 233, we moved to a hard sided Lacrosse. If I had to do it over again, I would have skipped the hyprid step. Only one mpg difference towing and much easier setup and tear down. It was easier to back into camping sites. Although, I must give cudos to Rockwood, they stood behind their product and helped me every step of the way. I tow my Lacrosse with a Titan which is on the same platform as your Armada. If you get a hybrid, keep and eye on the hinge area...moisture wicks up through the hinges into the bunkends sometimes leading to delamination.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #27

Have a 23SS which offers a great deal of living space within a smaller trailer. Had considered the 21SS, but went with the 23SS after review the storage of the two trailers. The 23SS has considerably better storage.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #28

We just purchased a 2013,21ss and enjoy the extra room with the slide.
We are using a 2010 Sport Trac with a v6,so length and weight was a concern.
We drove 5 hours home with ours,with no problems.Now we have that camping fever!
Good luck on your adventure!

Tags
hybrid, rockwood roo, upgrade