Old 11-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrick00 View Post
Did the dealer happen to say how much labor would be? I am having the exact same issue and am having my bunk end replaced as well. Have an appointment with the dealer in 2 weeks but wanted an idea of cost before I went.
He gave me a ballpark for door and labor, shipped with a trailer of 600 to 700. If shipped separately, much higher.

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #12

Thanks! I am so disappointed that this is happening AND that the extended warranty I bought through my dealer does not cover "water infiltration". This sucks!! At least now I have an idea of how much it's going to cost and I can start saving over the winter.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrick00 View Post
AND that the extended warranty I bought through my dealer does not cover "water infiltration".
that's pretty typical of 3rd party extended RV warranties.
in the fine print, you'll see that the most common/expensive RV issues are NOT covered by them.
that's why RV forum members overwhelmingly don't recommend these types of warranties.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #14

I wish I would have known that sooner. When I talked to the dealer on the phone he said that extended warranty covered mechanical issues only, such as the refrigerator going bad. I'm pretty sure they didn't tell me that at the time of purchase. One of my biggest worries when I bought this camper was water issues because my last camper developed mold from a leaky roof. I thought the extended warranty would cover water damage in case it happened again. Now here I am 3 years later with water damage issues and the repairs are coming out of my pocket again. It sucks because I am so careful with my camper and keep it in great shape but I can't catch a break! I am done with hybrids. My next camper will be fully enclosed.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #15

When I bought my 2014 23IKSS the dealer told me that the canvass is under factory warrant for 5 years. I wonder if you could call forest river directly and see if you can get it fixed.
DD (3 year)
DS (6 months)
ficksters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
Moderators' Assistant

the canvas does not have a FR factory warranty for 5 years. it has its own manufacturer's warranty of either 5 or 6 years. but only for the original owner.

T. J. Snuggles Inc. used to be the canvas manufacturer for Roo/Shamrock. there's a tag on the inside of the canvas end that should have the manufacturer's name on it.
or there's paperwork for canvas care and maintenance in the owner's manual.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
the canvas does not have a FR factory warranty for 5 years. it has its own manufacturer's warranty of either 5 or 6 years. but only for the original owner.

T. J. Snuggles Inc. used to be the canvas manufacturer for Roo/Shamrock. there's a tag on the inside of the canvas end that should have the manufacturer's name on it.
or there's paperwork for canvas care and maintenance in the owner's manual.

Didn't know that...thanks fir clarifying

DD (3 year)
DS (6 months)
ficksters is offline   Reply With Quote