Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Massive Leak while parked, and sloped downward to front

2007 Surveyor SV-192T

I had the trailer parked in my driveway, which isn't level. I also had the front end tipped down. The trailer was on a good angle, angled toward the front.

We just had a very heavy rain storm.

While trailer was parked, and closed up, I went into the trailer to see if anything was leaking, and didn't feel anything. But after moving the front bunk canvas around, about a bucket full of water was sitting pooled up in the canvas. The water came in at the top of the front bunk seal. While it was raining, I went to the outside front of the trailer, and water was POURING over the front of the roof like Niagara Falls and into the eaves trophs, and spilling over them. I immediately jacked front end of trailer up, and the water stopped pouring over.

Question. Should the front bunk seals be able to handle this amount of water flowing over the seals? Or was that amount of water, because the trailer was angle on such a downward slope just too much water for the seals?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

UGH. I just put a straight edge on both front and rear doors, and they are not straight. With rear door closed, you can see how the center is bowed / warped.

I just bought this trailer used 1 week ago, private sale

Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #3

I called Surveyor, and they told me a procedure they use to fix the CAMBER of the bunk ends.

They say that the bunks should be slightly curved, so when closing, the center touches first, then the side get clasped and pulled in. My bunk ends are curved the opposite way, causing there to be a gap in the middle.

They say to take a piece of lumber, while the bunk is open, and prop up the center of the bunk end. So the lumber would sit on the ground, and the other end holding up the center of the bunk end. Then, unscrew the center screws holding the door to the frame. Then get 2 people to sit on the ends of the bunk door to bend it the other way. Then tighten the screws. She says this will RECAMBER the doors.,

Thoughts?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I would be careful with the size of the people sitting on the bunk ends.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
I would be careful with the size of the people sitting on the bunk ends.
Ya I agree. I was thinking of getting 2 people to pull down slightly, or push down slightly to see if anything changes.