Old 03-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
New 2015 Shamrock 23ss

My DH and I are so excited to be picking up our new Shamrock 23ss, on the 21st. Of March and olan on taking her out. We live in Indianapolis. We have owned a popup for 10 years and we are finally up grading. I have been looking through this forum and it has a ton on information. Thanks everyone! I'm sure we will be have alot of questions!

amp3530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
Welcome and happy travels with your new HTT!

geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2015 Shamrock 23ss.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
Welcome we upgraded from popup to a Palimino Solaire 190x last august we love it, they are much nicer to be in when the weather is bad out. I originally wanted the the shamrock 23ss but there was none available close to us at the time to visit. We found ours 15 minutes from our home. You will love camping with a hybrid you get the advantages of a travel trailer but you get that nice air flow when you put down all the panels in the bunks like the popups. We are still buried in snow right now but we are getting anxious to get out camping for the season. All the best with your new purchase you will get lots of enjoyment with it
bleurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
Canadian Member
Welcome and happy camping. You'll love the floorplan of the 23SS. Tons of storage compared to your previous popup.
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
Congratulations on your new addition. You will make many awesome memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I live with fear every day, and sometimes she lets me go fishing.

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
Just finished 9 weeks of Fl camping with the wife in our 2014 Shamrock 183... 3 bunk floorplan we bought last May in Indy. We luv it especially compared to the popup we used for the three previous years we have gone to FL for the winter.

One thing I had done before dragging it long distances was to take off the wheels and have them balanced at the local Goodyear dealer. The camper pulled much smoother after I did that.

During the last trip home from FL, (I live south of Cincinnati) I used a laser pointer heat temp guage to measure tire and drum brake temps at fueling stops. I consistantly had one brake drum about 20-30 degrees hotter than all the others, so I am thinking I am going to have to pull the wheels and inspect the brakes next month when the weather stays warm. I have never done this on a TT but I fell I am savvy enough to deal with any problems I might encounter... especially with help from forum members.

I put on two coats of wax last summer and purchased some Dicor RV caulk and touched up any questionable factory applied caulk. This summer I am going to make the PVC pipe rain guards I have read about on this forum to prevent any rain infiltration at the bunk tops. I am also going to apply UV protection spray using 303 brand on the vinyl bunk tops.

I am drying and inspecting (we closed up in foggy weather) the bunks ends today because of the sun being out and not raining, and I am finding that other then some dirty spots on the vinyl, everything seems to be in top shape even after being deployed continuously about 68 days.

So far I am pleased with my FR hybrid TT purchase and I hope you have the same experience.
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant
We just finished a 6 week camping trip in our 2007 23SS.
Drove from Seattle to San Diego and back up the West Coast.
Our 8 year old Roo did great except for the slide began blowing fuses for the first time.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
Just wondering...did you buy from Colerain? We purchased our 23ikss last year from them last year. The staff there was great , service has been excellent, and we have been very satisfied.
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #10
Congratulations on your new Shamrock 23ss and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful people willing to share lots of great information.

1beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

23ss, shamrock