Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #31

I've been following "Patkins" thread with interest as I'm a 2012 ROO 23SS owner. I brought my trailer home last weekend to get ready for Canadian Thanksgivng (this weekend) and I think the seams are too tight, so I took Patkins advice and drilled two more holes in the ridge poles to shorten them.

I put the garden hose to the bunk ends for 20 minutes and there were no leaks.

This is weird as a friend of mine bought the identical trailer at the same time from the same dealer and he is having leaking issues.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon
I've been following "Patkins" thread with interest as I'm a 2012 ROO 23SS owner. I brought my trailer home last weekend to get ready for Canadian Thanksgivng (this weekend) and I think the seams are too tight, so I took Patkins advice and drilled two more holes in the ridge poles to shorten them.

I put the garden hose to the bunk ends for 20 minutes and there were no leaks.

This is weird as a friend of mine bought the identical trailer at the same time from the same dealer and he is having leaking issues.

Dave thanks for the reply on the forum. I will be also making the U shaped bar a 1/4 shorter in height and that should really help. I will post exact fix when done. This should be a recall and customers should not be doing this kind of work. In saying that FR is doing nothing but sitting back and ignoring it.

2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #33
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkins View Post
In saying that FR is doing nothing but sitting back and ignoring it.
It is understandable that you and some others are quite frustrated when having issues, but to say FR is sitting back and doing nothing does not seem correct, seeing just in one thread that they have changed the design 2 or 3 times already would seem to me they are concerned and are trying to do something about it. It seems there are many FR reps on this site and some choose not to be seen or heard but they are here and constructive feedback does go a long way to helping them design or redesign a better product where as snide comments help no one.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #34

Trust me they have made 6 changes in the design but the big problem has not been changed yet. They do not see the problem I have had many phone calls explaining it. I also have been inconvenienced and plans and trips have been ruined, lets look at who spent 18k and has done all the work. It is a design flaw and should be recalled.
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
kwillmott

Patkins I completely agree with you. Bunk ends have quite a few design flaws. We just heard that FR isn't taking any responsibility for what happened with our leaky seals that ended up causing extensive internal water damage. The Roo has huge design flaws. We the consumers are spending 18,000 or more for nothing but bad design and headaches dealing with the factory after something does happen.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #36

I am a Roo 233s owner and I am having water issues and rot in my front and rear bunk ends. I am completely disappointed in the design and finish. My family and I were so excited to get our new camper and looked forward to our manny family adventures in this camper we fell in love with.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #37
kwillmott

Yes we are completely devastated today. I have to make a decision about what to do. I owe so much money on this 2009 and used it for 2 summers and for the last 16 months have been dealing with the factory and the dealer and now we have to pay to get of what the factory left there in July. How can workers actually put back rotten wood into a trailer the factory is supposed to be fixing? I wish all of us Roo owners could band together somehow. No one knows what we are going through except us.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
kwillmott

Photo man - I have a 2009 as well and can feel your frustration believe me. This product needs to stop being made. So many of us are out a lot of money and where is the support from the factory ?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #39

It just makes me sad as well as angry that what should have been a quality product has been a disappointment. My kids want to take "Rooey" camping but we can't because the beds are dangerous and moldy. It is frustrating! I have called Forrestriver manny times with no reply. They must be in a lot of important meetings redesigning their products.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #40
kwillmott

Photoman- oh my yes we have mold too. We got really sick this summer. What are your plans now ? Are you paying to have someone restore it or just walking away from it?

Tags
bed