Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #41

It's only the bunk ends so far that have been affected.
Photoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #42
kwillmott

Oh ok our water damage was extensive and even the flooring had to be replaced. Right now we are dealing with the factory leaving moldy wood still in there and even using some if the rotten wood for the repairs. Talk about a kick in the teeth. $2500 cost to get it sent from Indiana to Canada and we are still dealing with them and now they won't take any further responsibility.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #43

Greetings,

I've been watching several discussions on the leaky Roos and thought I could finally chime in. My 2011 Roo 233s (purchased in 2010) had the new (2013) bunks installed earlier this year by the factory. It was in for several issues that my dealer could not seem to get right...specifically a slide-out issue was high on my list. While at FR, I told them my bunks had some seepage...according to FR, they were leaking like a sieve. They chose to retrofit mine for the newer style. We've actually not camped much this year (broke my ankle...while camping) and have seen very, very little rain since the new ends were put on. I specifically left it out in the rain for the last two days, as following these forum threads have concerned me and, so far, have not found any leaks. I hope luck continues to be on my side. Gregg Rollins and the crew at Forest River took great care of me and my Roo. I will echo that I understand and feel everyone's frustrations...we've all paid a sizable amount for a product that should be of higher quality. I personally picked up my camper from the Millersburg factory and talked at great length with Gregg Rollins about the Roo issues. I still feel confident that FR is trying to correct issues that they know exist...however, I also understand firsthand that correcting the problems cannot come quick enough for the owners. Again, I hope my luck continues and I hope that those with leaky Roos can get theirs to the dry side.

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #44

I think part of what is so frustrating is the inconsistency of the response from Forrest River. It seems that they pick and choose whose campers they fix even though the problems seem to be all in the same areas. They need to put out a public notification of what they are looking for to qualify for a repair. I've seen that some campers that are not under warranty are being fixed and some haven't. Both with what seem to be the same problems. Legally this could open them up for serious issues and repercussions. If it doesn't qualify be consistent and offer an affordable opportunity for loyal consumers to have the repairs done. And if the water issue can't be solved request the owners cover the camper when not in use and offer a discount on a camper cover.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #45

FR knows they have problems. Look at the re-design in the bunk ends 6 times in 10 months and they still have issues. What I like is people that have had 0 issues, they could still have a water leak they just have not seen it. For example I never saw the leak in the one tent end but had a rusty screw well it was minor leak that dried. The FR design of the bunk ends will leak its just when will it leak for you.
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #46
kwillmott

Yes agreed! I never thought anything of the rusty screws either when I bought it and it was probably already leaking and I didn't even know it. Tarped first winter and not the second and it leaked. It was fully closed and winterized just not tarped. A 2 year old trailer should not be leaking!! I wonder what is happening with all the trailers sitting on the lots all year round on the west coast. They probably all have issues just from being outside if mine did at only 2 years old.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #47

So I contacted Forrest River about my bunk ends they rejected my clam saying my 2009 Roo was too old. So..... Does this mean the life expectancy of a Roo is 2 years! This is crap! I'm contacting the state attorney general and the BBB.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #48

I am not a happy camper!!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

2009 - 2013 = 4 yrs?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #50

Not when I started this process.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #51

The warranty is 5 years on canvas bunk ends 10 years on roof.
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed