Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #21

I saw the reflectix at Lowes. It was wrapped in plastic so I couldn't get a feel for it. Knight just try the space blanket first.

Thanks.
FourWheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelers View Post
I saw the reflectix at Lowes. It was wrapped in plastic so I couldn't get a feel for it. Knight just try the space blanket first.

Thanks.
don't get those lighweight cheap silver space blankets.
this is what we're talking about:
Grabber Outdoors Original Space Brand All Weather Blanket: Blue

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #23

Thanks again! Time to order.
FourWheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelers View Post
Thanks again! Time to order.
just know that the standard 5x7 blankets, like these, will not fully cover the front bunk ends. most will cut one up and sew it on the 5x7 one.

if you have two bunk ends, you may want to order 3 of these blankets.
they will fully cover the rear bunk end. not sure about side bunk ends though but i think they will too.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #25

We had a Trailite Bantam for years before switching to a class A motor home. To be honest I quite miss the sound of birds in the morning and the sound of the rain on the bunk ends.

It honestly think the noise factor depends on where you camp. If you camp in the wilderness ... it is fantastic. If you camp next to a family with demon children or next to a NASCAR track ... no so much.

We purchased our hybrid after many years of tenting and back country camping ... In our case the move to a hybrid was sheer luxury.

Tim
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #26

I like the hybrid for the space and the air flow when you open up the end windows. I also like the sounds of nature, except the rain, if it is hard, can keep me up (that is even true when at home in the house though). My family seems to sleep through heavy rain with no problems so no issue there.

This summer has been very chilly compared to most so we didn't have any issues with heat. Snuggle in to sleeping bags and then turn heat on in the morning for a couple minutes. Still considering either the blankets or PUGS that is talked about.

2013 F150 v8 4x4 Supercab
2014 Surveyor 192T
rycej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #27

I have an Rpod 172 expandable. Since my tent fold out is tucked under the hatch when extended, I get the benefits of listening to nature and rain as the hatch cover adds extra "protection" against the elements. Noise from other campers, etc...? Not much different then tenting or pop ups. We have found that a small fan helps push cool air (summer) or warm air into the tent area. I'll have to look into the "blankets" for cooler seasons...but since my unit also has comfy front bunks, I have the option to turtle when it's too chilly or bad storms are forecasted. *Don't forget to weatherize/waterproof your tent end seams or you'll get soggy...found out the hard way
Michboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyingaj View Post
How is the outside noise when in the expandables? We have been looking into the expandable trailers and really like the space that you get along with being lighter for towing. One of our concerns is the noise we will hear from outside being the bed area is made out of canvas. We are wondering others experiences with this that have used their hybrids at campgrounds. We are leaning towards the shamrock 23ikss. Have seen great reviews.
At a nascar event / campground.... You'll hear things near your camper. At night its usually quiet. If you have a fan on inside it's even harder to hear outside. If your in a forest campground, there isn't much to hear but nature and birds.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #29

We've always slept with one of those 'white noise' machines/apps, highly recommend one...at home, in lots of hotels throughout the year and camping initially in our Roo '19 Hybrid and now 233S. Heck, you can even opt for bird/ocean/fan noise if that's your preference, and of course you can adjust the volume.

Our family of six, including four young children, has never had a problem with any disruptive noises outside our hybrid camper, whether at a lightly crowded State Park or a jam-packed Jellystone Park. We like the 'Simply Noise' ipad/iphone app, free and easy.

With all this said, I realize that the idea of making noise might be offensive to the real campers out there, so apologies if so. 7thson
7thson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #30
Old Fella

Never had an issue with noise in all our years of camping, besides most campers respect quiet time.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #31

I like the tent ends. We came from tent camping, so it's the best of both worlds. You get the kitchen, bathroom, dining table and heat/a.c. of a camper with the feeling of tent camping in the beds. That said, I think we'll end up with a big trailer or 5th wheel in the next couple years as the kids get older.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
blsst16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #32

Just upgraded from a pop up to a 233s. We camp mostly in state parks so noise is never to much of a issue. I love the sound of the birds and owls etc.
Marines0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #33

The only noise I've been exposed to so far, has been welcomed. I enjoy hearing the sounds of nature and of the river we camp next to. I guess it's where you camp that might be the issue.
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:33 AM   #34

noise what noise so far nothing has been out of yet and if their is a problem its ear plugs for us I always keep some in the camper
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote