Old 05-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #1

Pro Pride on a Roo

I know, I know, probably overkill to put a Pro Pride on my Roo, but Iím super excited I got the install done today. If anyone ever installs one, send me a message, there are a few things that are not real clear and the instructions.

The deciding factor was that we are pulling the Roo from Fort Worth, TX to Glacier, MT. I just wanted to make sure we were traveling in safety. Welcome any comments or questions.

Iíll keep the board posted on how it pulls. Going camping this weekend for test run.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	173101

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	173102

Rockwood Roo 233s
F-150, Ecoboost, ProPride 3P
RooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:40 PM   #2

I've been using one for 3 yrs now and love it. What questions do you have?

Kennyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyzee View Post
I've been using one for 3 yrs now and love it. What questions do you have?

Have you had any difficulty hitching it up? Is it any different when backing the trailer with it? Seems like I have lees tongue weight on the TV with it, is that normal?

Rockwood Roo 233s
F-150, Ecoboost, ProPride 3P
RooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooDad View Post
Have you had any difficulty hitching it up? Is it any different when backing the trailer with it? Seems like I have lees tongue weight on the TV with it, is that normal?
No issues at all hooking up. I know its 15.5" to the middle of my receiver from the ground and I set the Propride at 15.5", backup close to the trailer, readjust the trailer height if needed, then back in. I have a backup camera which helps. Then close the over center latches. Next using the trailers tongue jack, I raise up the trailer, adjust the weight distribution jacks as needed, lower the tongue jack, hookup chains, and I'm ready to go. Backing up is the same as any other trailer.
As far as the tongue weight issue I'm not sure why that would happen, I didn't find that with my set up. I actually have more now than before the Propride install due to the weight of the hitch itself. I have my setup to where the trailer is very level now, and just a 1/4" difference in the height of the TV front fenders once I am hitched up.
Kennyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #5

On hooking up, I've found that having the WD jack completely loose will make things much easier. If you are hitching up with the TV and trailer on different grades (not on same plane) and the stinger won't go all the way in, adjust the WD jacks so that they are again loose. The stinger will cause the hitch head to move and can tighten the WD bars.

I also regularly spray some dry lube with PTFE into the hitch.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooDad View Post
I know, I know, probably overkill to put a Pro Pride on my Roo, but Iím super excited I got the install done today. If anyone ever installs one, send me a message, there are a few things that are not real clear and the instructions.

The deciding factor was that we are pulling the Roo from Fort Worth, TX to Glacier, MT. I just wanted to make sure we were traveling in safety. Welcome any comments or questions.

Iíll keep the board posted on how it pulls. Going camping this weekend for test run.

Attachment 173101

Attachment 173102
Hi - I'm brand new to this forum, but my wife and I are picking up our Roo 233S this weekend, and will have to install the Pro Pride at the dealership. It looks like we have the same trailer, and truck as you!

About how long the installation take you? Any wisdom you picked up in the installation that you can share? It looks like you did have to remove the propane tanks for the install - I assume that's not much of a hassle? Did you have to drill any holes for the installation?

Most important of all... how do you like your setup?

Thanks!
TomBinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyzee View Post
As far as the tongue weight issue I'm not sure why that would happen, I didn't find that with my set up. I actually have more now than before the Propride install due to the weight of the hitch itself.
A marginal reduction in tongue may happen due to physics and leverage. It is due to the increased distance between center of trailer axles and where weight transfers to the TV. Some add TW, some see a reduction. YMMV
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #8

Back up cameras are great with a ProPride. I have had my ProPride for 7 years on 3 trailers.

Your propane tank tray may need to be lifted by washers and use longer screws because of the u-bolts that need to go under it. When I remove my hitch, I use a long 4x4 with a jack to support the frame and lift the front foot up. Once the WD arms are released (U Bolts removed) and a helper is available I release the ball mount and lower the entire ProPride to the ground. Assembly on the trailer of the ProPride is easy if you can break it down into smaller units but not have so many bolts to deal with. Preassemble it if you can.

Nights Camped 2018 19 Scheduled for 2019 12 (so Far)
Coolharts is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo