Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Grizzlygibbs View Post
I placed my order in early January, I was told by my salesman that when it is built it will be a 2014. Hopefully I find something really cool that they plan to change for 2014 like a bigger television or surround sound speakers... One could wish right!
Maybe its more aerodynamic and actually increases the gas mileage of your TV?!

Just today I went thru a Roo that has a build date of 1/13/13 and it looks no different than mine that has a build date of 10/17/12. Would love to know if yours has any major changes.

2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post

Couple years ago when we first started thinking about a different camper and moving on from a popup I fell in love with the idea of the floorplans of your camper. Loved the idea of the slideout that collapses and doesnt increase the towing length. Plus its all hardshell. We camp out west every year and want to camp in National Forest campgrounds that are in Grizzly Bear territory. There are certain campgrounds out there that are hardshell only however. I have been in an Outback that matches your floorplan and its really amazing but far heavier camper compared to the hybrid or your Roo. We went with a hybrid because we realized just how much we love being connected with the outdoors and didnt want to lose that. Lots of camping near mountain streams and its just wonderful to hear that rush of water all night long and anytime you are in your camper.

I'm curious about your 25RS. I believe there is only one window in the slide compared to three for the Outback model slide. Do you get much air movement in there with the window open?
My sister actually has the Outback in this floor plan. I think theirs is a 2011 or 2012 and it is a lot heavier then ours. Theirs has nicer window treatments and more wood overall adding to the weight. They also have the heated holding tanks, something they have never used. I would still choose my Roo over it. They paid a lot more for theirs then we did for ours. They do have 2 windows on the sides of the rear slide while we only have one on the rear of it. I wish we had the two because it would make a nice cross breeze, but the rest of the windows make up for it. We love our camper and couldn't be happier with our purchase. It is the best floor plan for our family and I love having a king size bed.

2013 Rockwood Roo 25RS
KKapa is offline   Reply With Quote